Search results

1. A

db30 tav2 and honda gx 120

Well after posting all sort of questions about making mods for a larger engine and tav2 I finally got my db30 done. I installed a Honda gx 120 and tav2 on it. Originally I was going to put a 6 robin in it (had it in for a while) but came across a good deal on a gx 120 and decided to put that...
  2. A

Harbor Freight Engines and Gas Tank

I see some of you saying that you can get a clone engine for 100.00 can I get some more info on that? I see they are 159.00 right now. Do you have to have a special coupon book? I would also like to know the best place to get a top gas tank that can mount in front of the seat, plastic if...
  3. A

TAV2 Install

Hey guys, I have a question for those who have installed a tav2. How are you guys tightening the drive chain as it looks like the tensioner bracket gets removed as part of the insulation? Also would like to know if you guys end up raising the engine a little, if so how much. I installed a...
  4. A

Chain and Spocket Sizes

Can any of you tell me the difference between chains 40, 41, and 420? Will a 40 chain work on a 420 sprocket and vise versa?
  5. A

Gear Reduction Unit from Baja Mini on a DB30?

I just got my db30 and baja mini in tonight so its time to start making some of the mods you guys have posted on the site. They have them on sale at the Schucks Auto in Fairbanks Alaska now for 169.00 and 375.00. It cost me 284.00 to have them shipped in an airplane to where I live, but...
  6. A

Best tires for db30

Where is the best place to get replacement tires for the db30? I see that several people have installed different tread styles than the stock ones. I am looking for an online option for getting other tires. Please send any website urls you have for tires.
  7. A

TIG or MIG

Do most of you use a tig or mig welder for building custom frame?
  8. A

Best Way to PM for a new member

What is the best way to get around the 3 post to PM for a new member? I am trying to get a hold of the guy that put a 7hp Robin engine and tav2 in a db30.
  9. A

Best Plans for Home Made Mini Bike

Hello from Alaska Hey guys I am new to this site and was wondering if I could get some suggestions for the best plans for a father son mini bike project. I live in Rural Alaska so getting supplies is very expensive, I am looking for a good set of plans to follow for the first project with my...