Search results

1. Zumo

Need 4hp Briggs and Stratton

Looking for a 4hp Briggs & Stratton engine for a Aggie 98 project. Preferably in the DFW Texas area area.
  2. Zumo

Roma-ish build

Well I forgot to update this post. The bike is pretty much finished except for my chainguard install
  3. Zumo

Roma-ish build

4. Zumo

Roma-ish build

So thanks to CovID-19 I Don’t know if I’m gonna make the build off deadline. I have a little more welding to get done before I powder coat and final assembly and welder buddy doesn’t have access to his tools and materials.
  5. Zumo

Roma-ish build

Should have posted this earlier
  6. Zumo

Roma-ish build

Got a few more things done and took the bike for a shakedown run. Almost ready for powder coating. Still need the get seat made and setup with shocks.
  7. Zumo

Roma-ish build

Update: The clutch I got from Go Power Sports was a bolt on style and the "new to me" engine I got did not have a threaded shaft so I enlisted the help of my neighborhood machinist and he helped by drilling and tapping a new hole for me. With a few shims it works out nicely. I was also able to...
  8. Zumo

Detailed Rebuild How-to: Briggs 3hp Cousins

Awesome post
  9. Zumo

Vintage Chopper

Very cool looking frame
  10. Zumo

Pull the trigger or no?

I think if you just want one to ride and beat on that is a good option. Looks like they are $550 new? I wouldn't ride that one the same way I would an older classic. Seems like a good deal if you have the $$.
  11. Zumo

Roma-ish build

Sooo I did a thing. After tearing down the old engine and realizing the carb and gas tank(see pic) was hosed, I was on the hunt for a replacement carb and tank. I found some high priced NOS stuff and even higher used stuff that I just couldn’t pull the trigger on them. Then I searched the...
  12. Zumo

Where should I look for the serial number?

You have any carbs and fuel tanks?
  13. Zumo

2.5 hp carburetor options for Briggs & Stratton

. I’ve got an old Briggs & Stratton motor I’m trying to rebuild but the carb is really gunked up and was wanting to know if there is an aftermarket one that I could use. The one that has now has the choke on itAnd has the pick up tube for the fuel tank. I was wondering if I could find one and be...
  14. Zumo

2.5 hp carburetor options for Briggs & Stratton

2.5 hp carburetor options for Briggs & Stratton. I’ve got an old Briggs & Stratton motor I’m trying to rebuild but the carb is really gunked up and was wanting to know if there is an aftermarket one that I could use. The one that has now has the choke on itAnd has the pick up tube for the fuel...
  15. Zumo

Roma-ish build

16. Zumo

Started a YouTube Vlog of my build progress

I'm looking for the cap on top of the forks if anyone has any leads.
  17. Zumo

Roma-ish build

Another update on frame and fork work. Everything blasted. Repaired bent fork and incorrect plate position in fork fixed. "Fork stop" added so forks wont hit frame and damage finish or dent frame. Kickstand added and foot peg mounts straightened and strengthened. Also broke the wheels down...
  18. Zumo

Roma-ish build

So I got the frame & fork In the hands of my skilled metal worker neighbor buddy and the fork is a little worse than we thought but totally repairable. It would appear that the bottom triple tree was not welded in the proper position. He ground off the welds and is fixing it. He will also...