Search results

1. K

Can't find engine ID numbers

Thank You, all
  2. K

I don't know why I keep double posting, I am very sorry. If I can figure out how to remove one of these photos, I will, or, if any moderator folks know how and want to, I would be grateful
  3. K

Hello everyone, me again, with the 50 dollar Nova- I have looked in all the places I am supposed to, to find the engine number, and horsepower rating of what I believe to be the original engine...can anybody give me a guesstimate of what they think this might be?
  4. K

50 dollar Minibike..what did I just buy?

cheap fenders, with cheaper yet rattle can chrome fenders in the background
  5. K

That is my intention. However, I live right smack in the middle of the redwoods in Northern CA (take Highway 101 North until you see a sign that says 'welcome to Oregon", turn around, go 15 miles, and here I am) and 75 inches of rain a year is quite normal. We do get days of clear weather...
  6. K

well, with new fork and front and rear wheel bearings, fenders, and a few stickers on the engine, I'm gonna call it done, NOT a restoration, more of a "clean it up and ride the heck out of it" job...just over 100 bux in it now.. ;-)
  7. K

Nova drive chain size?

Found the chain size when I was bead blasting the sprocket...#35 Thank You, all...
  8. K

Nova drive chain size?

aaahh, thank for for this !!! That will be printed out, laminated, and saved !!!!
  9. K

desert rat, sent you a message..
  10. K

Nova drive chain size?

Hi, all, I know this is most likely a dumb question, but I have searched, and haven't found the answer- Id the drive chain 420? I need a master link, and while I know they aren't expensive, I don't want to get a bunch of ther wrong ones..
  11. K

Okay, question for the gurus (probably the first of many)- There is a chain idler that holds tension against the lower part of the chain...anybody ever seen this on a Nova before? Got to actually ride it for the first time today, a bit slow on the uptake but thats understandable, as I am 210+...
  12. K

How much oil?

Hello all, you may have seen my "what is it" thread, on my7 Nova Minibike. It appears to be an older Briggs and Stratton engine, and I believe from the size of the tank and general engine appearance, that is a 5 horse model. My question is..without a dipstick, how do I know when I have put...
  13. K

I'm sorry, I am trying to delete the extra one, and can't seem to...If anybody on here knows how to get rid of this double post, please, by all means, do. Sorry...:(
  14. K

https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media/?thread_id=1249535022&attachment_id=668494834518778&message_id=mid.%24cAAAAABjkLL6J5kak1WDtQEYulNHS
  15. K

https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media/?thread_id=1249535022&attachment_id=668494834518778&message_id=mid.%24cAAAAABjkLL6J5kak1WDtQEYulNHS
  16. K

I have some videos of the scrub brake working, and the engine running and when revved the clutch engages, but they came to me on Messenger on Facebook, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them on here...
  17. K

Thank You, everybody- It is indeed, a Nova, made by the Nova Company in Gardena, CA. I have heard of Taco's and Bonanza's and Ruttmans (oh my !! ;) ) but never a Nova. I'm gonna have fun getting this little beast back ion shape
  18. K

Okay, just paid 50 bux for this, they say it runs, but needs work...Can anyone identify the frame or forks?
  19. K

C/L find today

It's fun, it pulls like a freight train to about5-8 mph, and then falls flat on it's face...perfect for playing on the old logging roads here :thumbsup: