Search results

1. slam49

Mikuni jetting help

nr racing has the jets for those carbs. i think they refer to them as the small body. can look here Jets
  2. slam49

ignition timing

Yea I put in a 94ss and they call for 30-32. Cant be that hard to figure out. Guess I'll figure it out with a multi meter and a degree wheel. Seems over ambitious for such a simple task but if it unknown territory then I must
  3. slam49

ignition timing

I figured it was around 26 or 27* stock?
  4. slam49

ignition timing

It's a briggs 5 horse with points and a cast iron stock flywheel. I thought the briggs part was self explanatory since I posted I the briggs section.
  5. slam49

ignition timing

what is the stock timing set at on 5 horse flatties? I need to know this value so i know how much to move it. also the offset keys come in thousandths. how many degrees per .020, or how do they figure that, is it 1 degree for every .010 offset?
  6. slam49

mikuni vm22, making intake

I have this taper bore vm22 and I'm making an intake for it. My question is, should my intake flange cover this hole or leave it open to atmosphere, or does it matter? It's hard to see in the hole but it looks like it's plugged right before it gets to the idle mixture screw which is right...
  7. slam49

Predator Hemi Build

what jets did you use to start with on that mikuni? 130 and a 17.5? I am parts collecting for a similar build,i dont have the jets yet tho.... and where did you find the black mamba? its out of stock everywhere i looked
  8. slam49

Harbor freight coupon question

i bought one 3 days ago and used a 20% coupon on top of the sale price. works for me every time
  9. slam49

are scrub brakes good enough?

cool, thanks guys. that got my wheels spinning. er, stopping..
  10. slam49

welp i guess i need to order a band then haha
  11. slam49

maybe i can fab up a clutch brake that is actuated by the scrub brake pedal. I kinda want to keep all that true to the bike, the pedal and all.
  12. slam49

either which way you look at it, i'm going to have to fab something but thats no biggy, I can handle it.
  13. slam49

here is a slight setback on a clutch drum, the side cover on my flathead briggs doesnt have the 4 bolt holes for accesories.
  14. slam49

how good do the drum brakes work? like the cheapo azusa kind. I actually threw one on an order of parts i have comming but like i said i am unsure how good they work in general. should i just jump straight to a clutch brake or will a combo scrub and wheel drum be pretty ok?
  15. slam49

I'm rebuilding an old mini bike and honestly ive never ridden one that i can really rememeber the brakes on.. this bike i'm building has a scrub brake which is fine but I was thinking about adding a drum brake to the rear wheel also. maybe integrate the scrub brake petal so it pulls the drum...
  16. slam49

clutch size?

right on. i learn something new everyday
  17. slam49

clutch size?

That's a new one on me. So....the dial only makes one revolution for a whole inch? Never seen plastic calipers. All the ones I've ever seen and used reads in .001 increments. I'd chunk those in the trash and get a real pair!
  18. slam49

clutch size?

your caliper actually reads .775, it should read .750 for 3/4"....did you zero the caliper before you used it? close caliper all the way and turn the dial to zero, then use it to measure the shaft.
  19. slam49

2015 Build off entry: Mac Frijole Scratch Build

thats a sweet bike man. what I like about your build is, there are plenty of ideas here that other people can see and learn from.. I know I have learned from this thread, and I'll be able to put some of it to good use at some point or another. really like the way you layed the frame out and put...
  20. slam49

gaskets and parts questions

man thanks for that. i guess i didnt dig hard enough. all those parts should be linked to the oem briggs stuff.. i would have never found all that crap under outdoor power.. I just knew they should have more parts than what i was finding! theres like a whole new section of goodness...damn...