Search results

1. H

H70-130000 Questions

Hi all, 1) Anyone know what type of oil is recommended in this engine? How much does the crankcase hold? 2) I'm having trouble getting the engine to run reliably. Sometimes it's great, other times it's hell just to keep it going. Where should I have the two screw adjustments? Any...
  2. H

Over-complicated throttle setup on H70-130000

Hi all, I just put the engine back in my Retek Cheetah 250 that I'm rebuilding. I'm not happy with the throttle setup, to say the least. I don't like how I had to route the cable, it seems to bind a little, and the mess of levers, bars, and springs mounted to the engine seems ridiculous...
  3. H

Help! H70-130000 wiring

Hello, I'm finishing the assembly of my Retek Cheetah 250 build right now. I fired up the engine and it is running really well. Too well, in fact...I can't stop it! The existing wiring has an on/off switch and there are three wires/prongs coming from the engine. It has an "ezee-start...
  4. H

Retek Cheetah 250 Rebuild

Hi all, Follow along as I walk you through the rebuild of a 1969 Retek Cheetah. History The bike was originally purchased by my Uncle, brand new in 1969. Retek stands for Recreational Technologies - a company out of Milwaukee, WI. The engine is a 7hp (250cc) Tecumseh. It is an...
  5. H

Rebuild advice for H70-130000

Hi all, Have an older H70-130000 Tecumseh engine in a Retek Cheetah. The engine does run, sorta, but the compression is not where I think it probably should be. Mind you the engine is very old. I found a part number online for a set of 0.010" oversize piston rings and am thinking about...
  6. H

Tube benders

Anyone bend up their own frames for minibikes or fullsize motorcyles? Wondering what you used - bender and steel size/type. I've had some experience building tube-frame vehicles for the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Trying to see what's out there for home-owner affordability in tube...
  7. H

Need Engine Info for OLD Tecumseh

Hi all - new to the site. The internet is a wonderful thing. I wanted to know about my old Tecumseh engine, so I did a Google search and quickly stumbled on this great site! Anyway, my Uncle is turning 59 years old soon. When he was 19, he and his brother bought brand new Retek off-road...