Search results

1. joekd

Quick Saturday ride = huge smile

I was working in the garage today when my son asked me to look at the chain on his mtn bike, just needed some lube so since I already had the chain lube out I decided to do the baja warrior also Since it would be a shame to put this on the chain and not ride it I went for a quick ride around...
  2. joekd

TAV 9t gear question

My warrior has a TAV with the standard 10T gear and the OEM 50T sprocket We ride primarily wooded trails and I constantly am left thinking I would like more "out of the hole" acceleration and am willing to lose top speed for it since we rarely have any areas where we are riding wide open...
  3. joekd

Razor electric dirtbike and scooter

Time to start cleaning out the stuff my son has outgrown Dirtbike is a Razor MX500 From the MFG: Scaled-down electric motocross bike with powerful 500-watt electric motor Carries riders at speeds of up to 17 mph; authentic dirt bike frame geometry Dual suspension and riser...
  4. joekd

OEM Honda GX240, what to do?

I have a generator with a Honda GX240 8hp motor, starts right up, runs strong. Generator itself is bad though. Now I am trying to decide what to do. Should I sell the whole thing, take the motor off and sell it by itself or pull the motor off and try to find a new project? To be honest I...
  5. joekd

Just booked, father/son vacation

Daughter will be leaving for college in the fall which meant no family vacation this year. Didn't think this was fair to my son to get nothing and really didn't want him to resent her for leaving and ruining summer, etc. Talked it over with the wife and since his birthday is just after...
  6. joekd

Tire size help

I have a set of 15x6.00-6 turf savers which I want to replace with something more aggressive, problem is the selection seems limited since this is really a tractor or golf cart sizer I am open to changing size but the front does not have any more clearance so it would have to be 6" wide...
  7. joekd

Quick Baja warrior seat recover

I was shopping with the wife at the local fabric store and found this outdoor fabric was 50% off so I decided to buy a yard and have some fun Took my spare warrior seat which I had already removed the ripped OEM cover off of, grabbed the spray adhesive, filled in the holes down the center...
  8. joekd

Lawn tractor motor swap discoveries

I picked up a replacement 12.5 Briggs for my tractor, came off a model very close to mine and even included the pulleys so I didn't have to swap mine over The new motor top plate was missing the piece holding the oil dipstick so I just swapped top plates off my old engine Hooked up the...
  9. joekd

Chain frustration

Putting on a brand new #40 chain today on a kart and could not get the master link on though, it simply wasn't long enough After thinking it was just me and trying multiple times making sure the link was seated fully I finally gave up and dug through my workbench to find another #40 master...
  10. joekd

Couple new pics of my Mustang

Had the car out and it was a perfect day so I went and snapped a few pics by the river Did some playing around with filters
  11. joekd

Today's father/son ride

Went riding with my son today, were in the wood a few miles and stopped for a break, tried to get off the trail and my son's chain on his kart snaps, turns out he rode right up on a rock, didn't realize it and thinking it was just dirt he floored it, pop goes the chain Another fun rescue...
  12. joekd

Son scared himself on the Warrior today

Son rode my Baja Warrior today I was playing around with the brakes on the warrior today at lunch (finally got the feel I wanted after ditching the EBC's for regular compound slotted Honda style pads) and was doing some quick rides on the lawn with my son watching He wanted to know why I...
  13. joekd

Please vote for my son's gecko

My son took first place at the local Petco today in their reptile contest, now he is entered to win a Petco gift certificate Votes would help and both my son and his gecko Steve appreciate the help...
  14. joekd

Solid black seat for Baja Heat Warrior MB165

Looking for a solid black seat for my warrior, must have no rips or tears Hoping to find for less then the $50 monsterscooter wants for one
  15. joekd

Briggs 12.5HP tractor motor replacement?

My 15 yr old Briggs motor on my tractor is starting to smoke pretty badly and is leaking oil so I am thinking of looking into a replacement motor It's a veritical shaft, electric start gas motor. Any suggestions for something that is a decent price?
  16. joekd

Limp gasket

Not a mini part but still the best product image More Information for FEL-PRO 35643
  17. joekd

New TAV springs are in

Pulled the motor off the warrior to fix a small leak on the side gasket and figured while it was apart I would change the TAV springs. Went with the yellow springs, left the driven alone. Was a fun time installing them but it's done and put everything back on the bike this AM. First...
  18. joekd

Help!!! Clone side cove gasket problems

Ok here is the motor I need a side cover gasket for First I ordered this one from BMI which says it was for the clone and no more detail That one does not fit, everything fits correctly except the bolt hole in the bottom right corner I then ordered one for a GX200, it was...
  19. joekd

Tav spring change advice

I picked up a set of the yellow driver springs for my TAV, any tips or advice on installing these?
  20. joekd

WTB - side cover for clone

Side cover needed for L-tank blue clone, shipped to 06082 Just need a stock one, nothing special