Search results

1. B

Totegote Model 303 Collegiate - Was it street legal?

The history on this bike shows it was built for college students to ride to campuses in the early sixties. Was it street legal then? I have an opportunity to buy one of these, but I would only buy it if I new I could title it and drive it on the street.
  2. B

Replacing 6.5 clone crank seal without removing crankshaft

I need to replace the crank seal on the flywheel side. I don't mind having to remove the flywheel, but I would like to remove the old seal and put in the new one without removing the crankshaft. Is there a good way to do this?
  3. B

AGK265 cam versus stock cam with 1.3 rockers

The AGK has more duration with .265 lift; the stock cam has less duration but around .290 lift with the 1.3 rockers. Using the same .625 bored carb, which setup makes more power?
  4. B

Looking for Tav230 Aluminum Driver Weights

The part number is 202931A. I have tried all the distributors and they are all out of stock. I talked to Don Jackson, the Comet engineer at CPC, and he said it may be a while before they resume production of the aluminum weights. If anyone has a set for sale, I would be interested in buying it.
  5. B

HF 6.5 Clone Stock Compression Ratio

On the spec sheet that comes with the engine, it lists the compression ratio as 8.5 to 1. Has anyone ever verified this?
  6. B

Tightening Nut on Billet Flywheel

The torque spec on the nut is 54 foot pounds. I'm curious to know what different methods have been used to prevent the flywheel from turning while using a torque wrench.
  7. B

Heavier springs on tav2 driver unit

I have a tav2 torque converter. I am looking to keep the unit in low gear until the engine reaches about 3500 rpm. I have tried all 3 settings of the spring on the driven unit. In position 3, it helps a little bit but also reduces top end. After studying how the unit works, I have come to the...
  8. B

db30 rear sprocket

I am wondering if anyone has a rear sprocket that is smaller than the 70 tooth that baja currrently makes. I have heard that some of the older sprockets were smaller and some were larger. If anyone has a smaller one, I would be interested in hearing from you.
  9. B

street legal db30

Has anyone successfully licensed one of these for the street? If so, what approach did you take?
  10. B

kenda super turf tires for db30

Where is the best place to get these tires? I am looking at the K500 series with the rounded shoulder in either 15 x 5.50 x 6 or 15 x 6.00 x 6. Also, any comments on recommended tire width along with opinions on the qualities of these tires would be appreciated.
  11. B

hydraulic brakes on azusa frame and wheels

Has anyone done this? I figure you would probably have to make a custom hub adapter to mount the rotor on the azusa 6 inch aluminum 2 piece wheels and weld a custom made bracket on the frame for the caliper. I would like to use a hayes unit.
  12. B

street legal minibike

Hi, I am new to this forum. I built a new minibike using an Azusa kit, gc160 motor, and a tav2 torque converter. I have also added a street legal headlight, taillight/brakelight, horn, rearview mirror, and battery. I would like to make it street legal, but the state of Minnesota has tightened...