Search results

1. M

08 GSXR 1000 motor rebuild

A few pics and videos of my 08 GSX-R 1000's resurection. A spun #3 rod bearing forced me to rebuild the engine much sooner that I had planned to. This was my first motorcycle engine build...needless to say, I was very pleased to hit the starter button and hear the motor come to life on the very...
  2. M

Ez's "No Fear" Project

Looks killer! Very nice work EZ :thumbsup:.
  3. M

Stretched DB 30

I believe it does. I do recall a mechanical lever of some sort being attached to the cam gear. All I know is that it sure sucks to be pulling on that damn starter rope. This was my first engine build, so there is still a lot that I have to learn about the clones and their internals.
  4. M

Stretched DB 30

Do ya have any pics of your Drag Bike? Oh, don't your neighbors say anything about the Loud noise? Keep up the great work Max :thumbsup: :smile: Thanks for the pic EZ, that is exactly what I need. Here is a video of my drag bike. As for my neighbors, they haven't complained about the noise...
  5. M

Stretched DB 30

Yeah EZ, I have had nothing but the most difficult time trying to dial in the Tillotson carb. For now I have put the DB on the back burner and started focusing back on my drag bike, (08 GSXR-1000). Once I get the 1000 back on the track, I will give the DB some more attention. I am leaning...
  6. M

Stretched DB 30

I took my DB out today, in an attempt to record some high speed runs. Unfortunately, things didn't work out as planne, due to fuel metering issues. See and listen for yourself to the videos below. I am very frustrated to say the least. I am also beginning to see why a lot of people say that the...
  7. M

Stretched DB 30

I hope to get some wot videos soon. The engine has the following mods: billet rod, flat top piston, governor removed, chrome molly push rods, stainless steel stock size valves, aluminum retainers/stainless steel keepers, stock rocker arms, ported and polished head (milled .055), tilly 304wx...
  8. M

Stretched DB 30

Thanks NewAge :thumbsup:.
  9. M

Stretched DB 30

I let my son take the DB for a test spin down the street today. I told him not to go heavy on the throttle, as I want to make a few shakedown runs on it and recheck everything for tightness before going WOT. I shot a crappy video of it on his second time around. I think he had already scared...
  10. M

Stretched DB 30

Thanks guys!
  11. M

Stretched DB 30

Ok, below is a link to a start-up of my DB. I still have to put a seat on it, bleed the brake, and tweak the carb a bit more before I can take it out for a ride. Whatcha think? YouTube - GX200 start-up
  12. M

Fuel pump mount

Ok Thanks MDB, I will take a look at your pics to see if I can find it.
  13. M

Stretched DB 30

Not yet, I started it up today for the first time ever. I need to adjust the carb, bleed the brake, and put on a seat before I can ride it.
  14. M

Stretched DB 30

Thanks. I see you like working on your mini in the house too :laugh:.
  15. M

Fuel pump mount

How many other options (other than top plates) are there for mounting fuel pumps on the clone motor? Does anyone have pics?
  16. M

Stretched DB 30

Here are the most recent pics of my DB. I plan to try and start it up (for the first time ever) in the next day or two. I will try and shoot some video of the start-up.
  17. M

My DB at the race spot.

What kind of mount are you using for your fuel pump? I have been waiting for over 1 1/2 months now, for the new Chain Dragone fuel pump mount to clear its patents and so on, but it seems to be taking forever it to hit the market. I am looking for other alternatives.
  18. M

more engine sputtering woes.. bad valve seats?

The cheapest route would be to lap the valves in and replace the springs to see if that cures the leak?
  19. M

My new tires for db rims. pics inside

Looking good mchornfeck :thumbsup:. I like that tire. Did you have any clearance issues with the brake caliper, since the tire is so wide? Does the rear of the mini bike sit noticeably lower that the front now? I have a 13X5-6 Carlisle slick that I am going to put on my rear for now. How is the...
  20. M

Stretched DB 30

Thanks! I will be running 14/66 gearing.