Search results

1. M

08 GSXR 1000 motor rebuild

A few pics and videos of my 08 GSX-R 1000's resurection. A spun #3 rod bearing forced me to rebuild the engine much sooner that I had planned to. This was my first motorcycle engine build...needless to say, I was very pleased to hit the starter button and hear the motor come to life on the very...
  2. M

Fuel pump mount

How many other options (other than top plates) are there for mounting fuel pumps on the clone motor? Does anyone have pics?
  3. M

Rear axle spacers

Has anyone seen the need to replace one of the rear axle spacers on their DB in order to take up the freeplay that is present when using both stock spacers? I have about 3/16"-1/4" of play on my rear, with both stock spacers installed. Just wondering if the freeplay is there for a reason and or...
  4. M

How do I grease steering head bearings?

Does anyone know how to grease the steering head bearings on a DB30? I just got my frame back from the powder coater today and the bearings feel a little gritty. I think the factory grease may have burned off when the frame went into the oven to cure the powder coating.
  5. M

Aluminum Rims

Will these rims work on the DB without any modifications at all? Bad Dog Enterprises - Mini Bikes, Mini Choppers, Parts, Kits & Assemblies
  6. M

Stretched DB 30

Thanks to Mhornfeck, I have made a decision to stretch my new DB (5 inches) instead of ordering a new chassis. I think this will be a much better setup for a stronger engine. It will also reduce the likelyhood of unintended wheelies. Here are a few pics of the frame after I cut it.
  7. M

Trailer pics

Can those of you with cargo trailers please post pics of them? I am looking for more ideas on how to finish the interior of my Trail Master 6X10 v-nose. The chock on the right is for the mini bike.
  8. M

VP U42 oxygenated fuel

Has anyone ever tried runnng VP U4.2 oxygenated fuel in their mini bike engines? I have used it in my drag bike, but not the mini bike. I can personally say that this fuel makes a very noticable difference in power. I ran my fastest and quickest 1/4 mile e.t. on this fuel. Running this fuel will...
  9. M

Clutch stall

What kind of stall is everyone running on their clutch setup? I just received my MT SS clutch from Max Torque yesterday. The clutch is a custom setup which also has an internal key built into the sleeve. This feature allows for quick clutch swaps and maintenance. The new stall was set to 3000...
  10. M

Need help re: Ignition coil

Does anyone know what the torque spec is for the GX200 ignition coil mounting bolts? Has anyone ever had one come loose from not being tight enough? I can't imagine the ttorque value being very high. When I removed the bolts during dissasembly, I didn't notice any loctite on the threads.
  11. M

Mock-up of new motor in DB

I drilled the stock engine plate and mounted the ProMod engine plate today. I was so anxious to see how the new engine fit, that I decided to sit it in the frame. Everything seems to fit very well (especially the agk header). Now I had better hurry and get the DB back into the garage before the...
  12. M

Strongest chain

How much horsepower can the stock DB chain support? What is the strongest pre-stretched #35 chain that I can buy?
  13. M

Oiling air filter before use

For those of you running the K&N style AGK filters, are you oiling them with filter oil, or using them without it?
  14. M

Engine build nearing completion

I am almost done with my engine build. I can't wait to put it on my DB and test it out.
  15. M

Coil pickp off center

I put the Honda flywheel on my 6.5 hp clone today and quickly realized that the coil pickup was not centered in the magnets. Is this common and can I shim the pickup to get it centered? I also tried relentlessly to set the air gap to .020 as recommended. However, the readings between the upper...
  16. M

Clutch cover for 6.5 hp clone with J/S

Can anyone tell me if the clutch cover listed in the link below will work on the 6.5 hp clone with a ProMod J/S kit? http://www.bmikarts.com/shop/images/748_th.jpg
  17. M

Using phenolic spacer with Tilly

For those of you running Tilly's, are you using the stock phenolic spacer with the Tilly intake? It almost seems as if you have to, as the mounting studs are too long without it. I modified my phenolic spacer and got as close as I could with port matching it to the intake port. Take a look.
  18. M

Oil filler cap for 6.5 clone engine

Does anyone know of any place that sells flush mount allen head oil filler caps that can be used to replace the stock oil filler cap on a 6.5 hp clone engine? I will be installing a ProMod J/S kit soon and the rear cap needs to be filed down in order to clear the bearing shaft on the J/S kit. I...
  19. M

Where to mount my new gas tank

I just bought the gas tank pictured in the link below for my Doodlebug. I need some ideas on where I should mount it. I was thinking of mounting it in front of the engine on the forward vertically angled frame tubes...
  20. M

Which Arc top plate?

Which ARC top plate will fit my Blue Max engine? It appears as if there are two versons, one for pre 2009 and one for 2009. How can I tell what year my engine is?