Search results

1. doug

Can fuel go uphill?

The carb is uphill of the fuel tank outlet. It’s not exactly gravity assisted. I just liked the placement of the tank.
  2. doug

Glad to blow a hole in the case.

Now I can take her apart. My ride was going along with moderate rpm’s. Heard a clunk then rolled to a stop. I’m having fun dismantling my IC Briggs 5. it was sold to me as an ex kart engine that had high performance after market stuff and burned alcohol before. Does it really? This...
  3. doug

Throttle cable length?

I have a clone/Mikuni setup. I don’t know how to determine where to solder the nipple on the carburetor end. The throttle cable has a barrel end on the twist grip end. The other end is where I need to determine where the nipple goes to control the slide.
  4. doug

Removing the recoil

If I remove this bolt to take the pull start out will it unwind and be a mess. I was thinking of putting it in the original housing.
  5. doug

My first engine build.

The parts arrived and I am really excited! The first thing I did was address the exhaust by installing a header and silencer. Now I’m working with the carburetor. After that a flywheel. Hopefully the fun will never end!
  6. doug

GX 200 Smoothness

I’ve been curious if Honda has less vibration and runs smoother than a Predator or a clone? How about a Tillitson?
  7. doug

Lifan or Chinese Clone?

This is the serial # on my engine. 168F - 2E* 10000067. I’d think it’s a 6.5hp 212 Lifan. Or is it a generic Chinese clone not necessarily a Lifan?
  8. doug

Mini Bike trails

Many of you ride strictly on the street. Some of us ride off-road. I’ve been building Trail features. Let’s see what others are riding. Hill climbs, berms, jumps and whoop-tee-doos.
  9. doug

My new work stand.

I am thrilled with yesterday’s project! Building and cleaning my minis will be much easier.
  10. doug

Dirt bike foot pegs help

I need to fab a bracket to receive these pegs. The bracket to be welded to frame. On dirt bikes they are basically “U” shaped. Is there a sized square tubing that might work? Otherwise maybe flat bar stock formed/bent to shape? Pins & springs on back order.
  11. doug

Angled or straight air filer

I have a Titan 212. I want to install a K&N type air filter. Most are angled out toward the leg. Can I run it straight back to stay closer to the center of the frame with the stock carb?
  12. doug

Silencer (RLV) vs muffler on header

I need the ability to quiet my Bonanza 1200 with a 212 in my neighborhood. The silencer looks nicer, but how does it sound compared to a screw in muffler! Second question is which header will fit under the middle of my seat
  13. doug

Kill switch wiring

My Bonanza with a 212 clone came with a on/off toggle. It was broken so I got another to replace it. Not sure how to wire it. There’s only 2 wires, but I can’t get the engine turn off by playing with different connections. Help.
  14. doug

Cell phone app for speed

What app are you guys running to measure your speed?
  15. doug

Mini bike books

I bought this cool mini bike book on eBay. It was published 1970. Over 30 photos many with Powell’s & Mini trails. I believe these races were at Saddleback park, California. Fun book to look
  16. doug

Bonanza BC1200?

Is this a BC 1200? I’ve noticed different wheels and foot peg placements on this type of frame.
  17. doug

Gambler mini bike enduo 2020

These are the newly posted classes for Gambler 2020 in Oregon. (100 mile minibike race): In 1970 I dreamed of being a minibike champ at my Saddleback race. Lol. Next year I have another chance!!! 50 years. Gonna be an adventure. Here are the classes: 1) Small Frame 2) Box Stock, governed at...
  18. doug

Gambler minibike race 2020

These are the newly posted classes for Gambler 2020 in Oregon. (100 mile minibike race): In 1970 I dreamed of being a minibike champ at my Saddleback race. Lol. Next year I have another chance!!! 50 years. Gonna be an adventure. Here are the classes: 1) Small Frame 2) Box Stock...
  19. doug

Removing tires

Putting new Cokers on my Bonanza with split rims was way harder than it should have been. LOL. Fasteners weren't too bad, but the bead was stuck to to the rim. What tools to use? I tried using a pry bar, tire iron, blocks, levers. Got one of them Finally. Letting the other soak in soap...
  20. doug

Bonanza 1200 drive train

I got her running for the first time today! I replaced two sprockets (12 & 16 tooth), jackshaft, Hilliard extreme duty 12 tooth clutch and gold roller chain # 35. I’m happy with how smooth the alignment worked out.