Search results

1. Z

Quick Jackshaft Question

I have a Fox with a jackshaft, 12 tooth clutch to 18 tooth on the jackhaft. from there it has a 12 tooth on the j-shaft to a 66 toother on the rear wheel. Not much on speed, but it will climb a wall!
  2. Z

Taco Chopper

Looks very nice...
  3. Z

I finally got a 'Round to it for you

It's a "round to it"....get it? It's round and he calls it a "to it"...:laugh:
  4. Z

which is your favorite old school flat head

I Like Kohlers a lil heavy but indestructable.
  5. Z

Paint colour question

I have a Lil Indian Outlaw II chopper I am re-doing. This poor things had about a dozen "buck ninety-eight aerosol overhauls" in its life. The $64 question....can anyone tell me what shade of green "GASTRIC GREEN" is?? For some odd reason it's not listed in any paint code book...Lil Indian ads...
  6. Z

Just picked up a nice little Speedway....

Here's a pic of what the Harley grips look like
  7. Z

Just picked up a nice little Speedway....

That twist grip is off a Harley Davidson Sprint motorcycle. I've had several of the Sprints, both 250's and 350's. Good running bikes that handle like a dream and stick to the road like tar. There is a little tin cover that slips into the bottom and a small screw holds it in place at the top.
  8. Z

what is it?

looks like a Trailhorse.
  9. Z

is something wrong with my clutch?

What you are hearing is the sound of the clutch shoes touching the drum. It is getting close to the engagement speed when you hear that noise. Nothing to worry about, it is normal operation.
  10. Z

Good Friday for sure

Cleaning some more on the bike and surprise! I found the serial number tag -underneath the seat....here da nums...B-003994 can anybody tell me what model this bike is? I'm thinkin' it's about 1970 vintage...
  11. Z

Good Friday for sure

I had the Tecumseh on the Fox running last night. Smokes badly and there is a knock that I heartily suspect is piston slap. Oh well, it runs good all things considered. Sometime over the next few months I'll pull it apart and have it bored oversize. I have all 3 O.S. piston assemblies for the...
  12. Z

Good Friday for sure

Thanks for the welcome supernova, The site is a wealth of info and help. I pulled the exhaust and muffler guard off the bike yesterday. The muffler is now sitting in my electolisys vat being de-rusted. I have the muffler heat guard in the smaller tank doing the same. After 8 hours, I'm starting...
  13. Z

Good Friday for sure

I rode the Bird El Tigre Saturday afternoon. Some missing parts, a few hours of sin removal and it's a rider. Puttin' round the yard was fun! Handed it over to my youngest daughter and she loves it! She ran the tank dry. I'm working on the Fox. I think it's a Condor? Blue paint...no idea...
  14. Z

Good Friday for sure

Parts are available for Kohler K series engines. Points and condensors can be picked up from any authorized Kohler dealer or try Napa for a set of "will fit" points. They work OK for a couple years.
  15. Z

Good Friday for sure

Spent an afternoon chasing down some leads...all were good! I even came home with 2 complete and running Kohler K91 4hp cast iron engines... The Bird El Tigre will run with a tank, throttle assembly and chain. The Fox is gonna take a lil work...
  16. Z

2 hours of scrounging brings home another truckload

Sure does look like the El Burro bike. Now...Who made who? Amphicat built some pretty large machines. However, they could have farmed out this smaller end stuff to an already established manufacturer. All they had to do was provide graphics and serial number data.
  17. Z

2 hours of scrounging brings home another truckload

Pix 1 & 2 is a Amphicat ATC. Ever seen one? Pic 3 is a ARCO Pic 4 is I think a ARCO? Pix 5 is a Mont. Wards
  18. Z

Going to look at the Mother Lode tomorrow

Just went outside and scoped a few quik pix of the frames. Not sure what model the Fox would be, The seat has Dynamark printed on the back and is def a mini seat. I know Dynamark was a mower brand sold by Central Tractor. The cat frame has been butched and had a plate mounted for a...
  19. Z

Going to look at the Mother Lode tomorrow

Okay...I did get there and bought all the stuff. It was nothing like the lady described and were far fewer than she alluded to. But I picked 'em up anyway! Nothing special... Here's what I came home with...All frames...a TrailHorse, a chrome frame Bird, a Heath Boonie, a Arctic Cat prowler and a...