Search results

1. cambo61

Burnishing parts guy-Need some help

Thanks guys! I got ahold of Robert. I don't have my notifications turned on for OldMiniBikes, but text me any time. My day job has been crazy busy, but burnishing has been a bit slow. Here's some random pics from recent jobs.
  2. cambo61

cambo61@yahoo.com Thanks. Sam

cambo61@yahoo.com Thanks. Sam
  3. cambo61

Zinc plating for mini-bike parts for sale

Thank you guys. I appreciate the support. My neighbor Denny from the Newspaper came over to drop off some K&S Hornet shocks today. There were some really rough shock tubes, but they are all plated and protected from the elements. The years of pitting affects the final product, but they are all...
  4. cambo61

Pricing. The commercial platers don't want small jobs which is why they charge $80 to $100 minimum. That also assumes you brought in the parts perfectly paint free, grease free, rust free, etc., We all know a good paint job is 80% prep, 10% application, and 10% post. Plating is no different...
  5. cambo61

Folks. I've been very busy with the burnishing. So much so, I haven't been able to work on my own projects or even keep up with posting burnishing pics. I still have my day job too! I'd mentioned in the past I was interested in doing zinc plating because I was getting steel parts from you guys...
  6. cambo61

1970 Bonanza CR500 Hodaka Chopper

I'm gonna crash your thread with a pic of your wheels. I hope you're not mad!:p
  7. cambo61

Gemini SST

I've been working on customer jobs for the last 4 days and had time to squeak in the Mikuni.
  8. cambo61

FS Burnishing for minibike parts (pics)

MG's stuff continued. Every part was degreased, stripped of lingering paint, and blasted before burnishing. And lets see how this 580 WB with the rare Palmini Piston turned out. The Engine burnished in an hour and it took 20 minutes to pick the pins out of the fins. Not one pin got lost...
  9. cambo61

...And then there is MG in my Birth state of WI. No one packs a box better than MG. Double wall cardboard, dividers, and even bolts are bubble wrapped. Apparently this one took 3hrs to pack correctly. Since I went to CA public schools it will take me the next few days to repack. Some of the...
  10. cambo61

dartkevin sent me 9 Lil Indian halves. Some were painted, and the others were just dirty. Coincidentally, I was just in his city of residence just a few months back. Great Roads ;) Thanks Kevin
  11. cambo61

Dan with the carburetors above in this thread sent some wheels and misc parts for his restoration. The wheels needed some degreasing and blasting before burnishing. The throttle assemblies had some sort of Chuck Norris coating on them. Not even 12 hours in paint stripper would remove it. The...
  12. cambo61

Thanks BBT. It was a big job indeed. I've got some other jobs to post because that's all I've done for the last 4 days. I want to share this one first. Anyone reading this can comment below. What (if any) danger is there in using strong acids on lead soldered gas tanks? I'll put an answer...
  13. cambo61

Gemini SST

I'm sure he has something. He is Maverick1 on OldMiniBikes forums.
  14. cambo61

Micro Cycle

I'm watching this one too.
  15. cambo61

Vintage Taco 44

I'll be watching.
  16. cambo61

International handmade old school mini

Next year I want to do what you're doing. Build from scratch. Keep up the good work.
  17. cambo61

Gemini SST

My neighbor Maverick has been such a great help. When I say neighbor I mean he's close enough to where my wife walks the dog in his neighborhood. He came by this morning, dropped off some copies of factory manuals and helped me understand the questions I had. He's been helpful and generous...
  18. cambo61

Gemini SST

Today was a little less organized. I worked on wheels, hubs, etc,. Wheels. Overall great shape and just typical rust on the inside. The first challenge is the sleeve between the wheel hubs has virtually the same ID as the 6201 bearing ID. I asked my boy to come up with some solutions--once he...
  19. cambo61

Gemini SST

Chen Shing 3.5" X 8"
  20. cambo61

Gemini SST

My preference is polishing, but the maintenance would be awful here in FL. And as you guys know from my other thread, burnishing enhances to look of a factory cast piece without dramatically altering the aesthetics. The triple tree had some dings which I smoothed out using a 400 grit Satin-Glo...