Search results

1. Clayon

Syncing 2 Engines together on go kart

Thanks for the pictures Dave. I like that setup that’s what I’ll do.
  2. Clayon

Thanks again for the help Dave. I’ll have to dig up some pictures of those old karts.
  3. Clayon

Just curious, what’s the best way to go about syncing 2 engines together to run on a live axle go kart? Do both engines really to be synced very close or is it pretty forgiving? I’m thinking of using 2 5hp Briggs flatheads if that matters.
  4. Clayon

Go Kart Roller ID?

Thanks Dave that’s kinda what I was thinking but thought I’d put it out there. It’s just going to be a rider so doesn’t much matter.
  5. Clayon

Go Kart Roller ID?

Can anyone identify this go kart roller I just picked up? It has been modified a fair bit. I know the steering and the rear axle and motor mount is not original. I’ll get more pictures soon to help ID it.
  6. Clayon

Briggs Tank Seem Sealant

I ended up swapping on a newer Honda clone engine and didn’t do the repair but I plan on doing it in the future and I’ll post my results.
  7. Clayon

Briggs Tank Seem Sealant

Thanks Dave. I picked up some 60/40 like you originally suggested and will try that out. And hey Karen nice to see you too. I’ve been doing small engine repair on the side so nothing exciting just an old rototiller.
  8. Clayon

Briggs Tank Seem Sealant

Thanks Dave! That’s what I’ll do. You’re talking basic rosin core solder?
  9. Clayon

Briggs Tank Seem Sealant

What is the best sealant time use to reseal the seem on the Briggs flathead fuel tanks? I dunked my tank in some solvent to clean it up but it ate the factory sealant.
  10. Clayon

How’s Everybody Doing?

Thanks everybody, all is well. Still living on the farm, and in my last session of school for Machinist. Working on vintage snowmobiles lately, hoping to get working on my 1972 Motoskeeter soon.
  11. Clayon

How’s Everybody Doing?

How’s everybody? Been a while since I’ve been on the forum, and haven’t been working on any mini bikes lately, just checking in.
  12. Clayon

What to look for in a MIG?

Good to know on wire size, and also I was planning on running argon gas, not flux cored. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Clayon

Thanks Fomogo will look into it more. I do like the Miller welders since that is mainly what I have used. Initially I was thinking of a 250 but maybe I could go a bit smaller since I do have an Arc welder for thicker material. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Clayon

I'm planning on doing some patch panels so a dial would be good, I have 220 power so that's alright but a 110 would maybe be alright too. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Clayon

Didn't realize Hobart was made by Miller, I will have to look at those, they are much more affordable new. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Clayon

I currently have an arc welder so I'm alright there, haven't done any TIG but would like to try it, seems like that is the way to go for anything real nice. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Clayon

Gas spraying out of gas cap

Ya when I unscrewed the cap I messed it up, straightened it back out now. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Clayon

Ya I don't understand,I've never had this happen before on similar tanks, but a co-worker of mine who races motocross says this is a common thing on mx bikes if they don't have one of those vents on the end of the breather line. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Clayon

This is what I have for now, going to get one of those vents and change to red line, but this does do the trick. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Clayon

Hey everyone, looking at buying a MIG welder and not exactly sure what I'm looking for. I've used a few different brands at work: Miller, Lincoln, Esab. I'm not really partial to one. I'd like to get a 250 since I do enough welding and weld heavier material up to 1/2" plate. Is there any...