Search results

1. Clayon

Syncing 2 Engines together on go kart

Just curious, what’s the best way to go about syncing 2 engines together to run on a live axle go kart? Do both engines really to be synced very close or is it pretty forgiving? I’m thinking of using 2 5hp Briggs flatheads if that matters.
  2. Clayon

Go Kart Roller ID?

Can anyone identify this go kart roller I just picked up? It has been modified a fair bit. I know the steering and the rear axle and motor mount is not original. I’ll get more pictures soon to help ID it.
  3. Clayon

Briggs Tank Seem Sealant

What is the best sealant time use to reseal the seem on the Briggs flathead fuel tanks? I dunked my tank in some solvent to clean it up but it ate the factory sealant.
  4. Clayon

How’s Everybody Doing?

How’s everybody? Been a while since I’ve been on the forum, and haven’t been working on any mini bikes lately, just checking in.
  5. Clayon

What to look for in a MIG?

Hey everyone, looking at buying a MIG welder and not exactly sure what I'm looking for. I've used a few different brands at work: Miller, Lincoln, Esab. I'm not really partial to one. I'd like to get a 250 since I do enough welding and weld heavier material up to 1/2" plate. Is there any...
  6. Clayon

Gas spraying out of gas cap

Hey guys, I put a different gas tank on a Honda clone engine I had, and when I start it up gas sprays out of the vents in the gas cap. Can anyone tell me why this would be happening? Thanks in advance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Clayon

PVL Flywheel

Has anyone been using the PVL flywheels sold at OldMiniBikes Warehouse instead of the ARC billet flywheels? Price wise the PLV is cheaper, and it says it is rated up to 15,000rpm. Just wondering if it would be a good fit for an ungoverned clone engine on a regular rider. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Clayon

Hilliard Clutch Sprocket Wear?

Anybody else have problems with a Hilliard clutch sprocket wearing out like this? I thought maybe an alignment issue, but I checked the rear sprocket and the clutch sprocket alignment with a straight edge and it looked good. When you look at it the teeth do look evenly wore down. Is this a...
  9. Clayon

Let's See Your Riders

I think this thread has been done before, but I couldn't find it when I was searching. Either way, post up a picture of your favourite "rider", the bike you like to ride the most. Here's mine. DB30 with a souped up honda clone.
  10. Clayon

How Much are you Milling your heads?

I made up a tool like KustomKartKids for turning/milling a flathead Briggs cylinder head in the lathe, and I am wondering: how much material are you taking off when you are milling your heads? I don't mean for a racing application, just a general modded 5hp Briggs. I ran this head for a trial...
  11. Clayon

Painting Fibreglass

Well I am working on restoring a 1970 Moto Ski Capri snowmobile. I have a good hood for it, but the paint is faded from being outside for years. I have never painted fibreglass before and was wondering if anybody who has done it could help me out with a few questions. 1) Can I use the same...
  12. Clayon

Air compressor setups

My dad and I just got a bigger upright 60 gallon air compressor for our shop and are wondering what sort of filtration set up we need. So far I have a regulator and filter, but I see things like air dryers and lubricator as well. What is necessary? What are you guys using?
  13. Clayon

Old Skool Go Kart Dimensions?

Does anybody have, or would mind taking measurements of a old skool bare bones style go kart like a Bananza or Rupp Dart? I am wondering what the length from front axle to back axle would be. Distance between the frame rails. How far the seat frame back is from the front axle. And the...
  14. Clayon

HM80 with Walbro LME carb tuning help

Hie everybody, been working at getting an older Eaton snowblower going. It has a Tecumseh HM80 motor with a Walbro LME carb on it. I have cleaned the carb and put a new carb kit in it. I checked the spark as well and it is a nice big blue spark, but it still won't stay running. I'm stumped on...
  15. Clayon

Gas tank filler necks and caps?

Ok, I have been kicking around the idea of making up my own cylinder gas tanks because I need a couple for my bikes. But I am hung up on the filler neck and cap. I know I can buy em from chopper shops like Lowbrow Customs, etc. but I have the stuff to make my own so that's what I would like to...
  16. Clayon

PayPal

I have a question about PayPal I can't seem to figure out so I thought maybe somebody on here would know. When I link a credit card to paypal it won't let me transfer funds from the card to my PayPal account. Is this normal? And if so, how do you pay for things after linking your card to PayPal...
  17. Clayon

Tool Brands to watch for:

I just thought that it may be a good thread idea to bring up a thread about some good tool brands to watch for that aren't as main stream as Craftsman, Mac, and SnapOn. I recently had a conversation with a old timer who used to be a Mac tools rep who was telling me about how the Stanley company...
  18. Clayon

What has everybody been up to?

Just thought I'd see what everybody has been up to/working on since I haven't been on here for a while. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Clayon

Piston Stops

Okay, I have a question that may sound dumb but what are piston stops like in the picture below used for? are they used to lock the motor so a flywheel can be removed, etc. ? or would that scuff up the top of the piston? Thanks for the help, it sound like something I should know by now but I...
  20. Clayon

I found one... TAS motor

Well I found this nice little 49cc 2-stroke for my Keystone. Best of all it even has the recoil. :thumbsup: Compression also seems really good for a older used motor. Now I can start on my Keystone restoration. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk