Search results

1. J

Can you identify this minibike book?

Years ago I read a paperback book about a guy who moved to the family lakehouse in Texas (near Amarillo?) with his minibike and met a group of kids there. The story records the kid's friendship with a crazy motorcycle-riding older kid and :shrug:was either true or based on truth and reminded me...
  2. J

Powell 7 HP

I've got this rare original Powell mini for sale, probably the best minibike ever built. I think that it was originally a 4 hp, but I bought it with a separate 7HP Briggs that included a clutch/converter already on the shaft. It may possibly be from a powell, but I am not for sure. It ran really...
  3. J

Gator Gadabout mini

In '65 I got a small minibike, identical in virtually all respects to the old Glenco bikes I have seen on line. Back when I got it, I was told it was about a 1957 model, but that seems a little early. I still have it, though it needs, and will get, a full restoration. It has a 2 1/2 HP Clinton...
  4. J

straight bar powell

I am restoring an old minibike that I bought at a swap meet. I have discovered that it is a Powell, and that the top bar is straight, without the bend that most have. It has some of the shifter system left, but no motor. I have a B&S 7 hp that would be correct for a phantom 7, but it barely...