Search results

1. jimmynotch

quick side four-bolt side cover question

Yep, I read about having the crank modded to be a keyed shaft. I might not get around to taking the crank out to have it machined, thus this motor might be just a bench runner or act as power for some weird garden art type contraption. Or find a rad old school pump that I can hook up and use for...
  2. jimmynotch

quick side four-bolt side cover question

I finally started digging into an old Brigs NP motor I have had for a while. I was reading about other "four bolt" motors that at one time been attached to various pumps/reduction boxes/etc. It was mentioned in one of those threads that with the pump/etc there is a "side cover" which holds the...
  3. jimmynotch

Sweet little 2hp nice petina

To get Is there a website to plug all the model/type/serial numbers into to get the full info on a motor?
  4. jimmynotch

Briggs NP rebuild

I am pretty sure it is an NP. Here are some better photos of the number plate. What does this tell me?
  5. briggs model NP

briggs model NP

Briggs model NP number plate
  6. briggs model NP

briggs model NP

Briggs model NP number plate
  7. jimmynotch

Briggs NP rebuild

how do I find out what year this is or any other info about it?
  8. jimmynotch

Briggs NP rebuild

I don't know anything about this motor, really. Its red and old and patina'd and looks rad.what the hell do I have here? Hard to find parts for?
  9. jimmynotch

Briggs NP rebuild

LOL... figured it out.
  10. Briggs NP

Briggs NP

Briggs NP with base
  11. Briggs NP

Briggs NP

Briggs NP with base
  12. Briggs NP

Briggs NP

Briggs NP with base
  13. Briggs NP

Briggs NP

Briggs NP with base
  14. jimmynotch

Briggs NP rebuild

I recently acquired a Briggs NP model. I don't know anything about how to get the YOM, but from what I read via Google, they were common in the 40s (?). It is bolted to a base that has an embossed nameplate that bears the name of a pump company. It turns freely by hand but I haven't tried...
  15. jimmynotch

help getting started on a rebuild

Ok... so perhaps I am not totaly dumb. I finally found it after searching in a different way. I needed to input it as "081302-9439-02". A big round of "DUH!" for me.:doah:
  16. jimmynotch

So... I tried to navigate the Partstree website and had a bit of trouble inputting the numbers. First, I inputted the 08302-9439-02 that you recommended (which is slightly different from 81302 943902 which is on the motor). The search came back "sorry no results". Then I inputted the numbers as...
  17. jimmynotch

I have a super original Allstate Sidekick trail scoot with a B&S motor that appears to be as old as the bike. The numbers stamped on the motor are: 81302 943902 6105160. What do these tell me? I need a carb rebuild kit, and a refresh on the rest of the motor would be ideal. Not trying to build a...
  18. jimmynotch

Not a Tote, not a Moto Burro.... then What?!

So I got some numbers off the motor. It has 81302 943902 6105160 stamped on it. What do these tell me? Also, where can I find the definative rebuild guide for this? I am into vintage VWs and old Honda scooters so this shouldnt be too challenging, right?:laugh:
  19. jimmynotch

I am looking for an OG oil bath air cleaner and I need an idle jet... the one that screws into the side, not the one that goes in diagonally under the float bowl. And one more thing... how do I add a sig line to my posts? Can't find the option in the CP...:blink:
  20. jimmynotch

Nope... I am still here, still got the SideKick and in the process of rebuilding/restoring the motor now that some of my other profects are out of the way. I have determined it is a B&S flat head of some sort, just not sure of the model. I want this thing to look like it did 50 ago. My wife is...