Search results

1. jimmynotch

quick side four-bolt side cover question

I finally started digging into an old Brigs NP motor I have had for a while. I was reading about other "four bolt" motors that at one time been attached to various pumps/reduction boxes/etc. It was mentioned in one of those threads that with the pump/etc there is a "side cover" which holds the...
  2. jimmynotch

Briggs NP rebuild

I recently acquired a Briggs NP model. I don't know anything about how to get the YOM, but from what I read via Google, they were common in the 40s (?). It is bolted to a base that has an embossed nameplate that bears the name of a pump company. It turns freely by hand but I haven't tried...
  3. jimmynotch

help getting started on a rebuild

I have a super original Allstate Sidekick trail scoot with a B&S motor that appears to be as old as the bike. The numbers stamped on the motor are: 81302 943902 6105160. What do these tell me? I need a carb rebuild kit, and a refresh on the rest of the motor would be ideal. Not trying to build a...
  4. jimmynotch

Not a Tote, not a Moto Burro.... then What?!

So first of all I'd like to say hello to everyone out there. I have been lurking on this site for a bit and finally needed to make myself official. Anyway, recently I found what appears to be very similar to a Tote Gote or a MotoBurro. I am reasonably sure its another pack animal altogether. Any...