Search results

1. Sprocket86

Tecumseh adjustable main jet differences?

I am attempting at fine tuning my Tec HM-80 that is mounted on my Heald Super Bronc VT-8. The engine originally had a China ebay carb. Removed that due to throttle shaft wear causing air leaks. I cleaned up an original Tec carb off another HM-80. Very little if any throttle shaft wear. My...
  2. Sprocket86

Heald Super Bronc dual fuel tank set up.

How are the fuel lines connected on the Broncs with the dual fuel tank set up? Also, how are you supposed to fill the engine mounted lower tank if the frame mounted auxiliary tank is in the way?
  3. Sprocket86

Heald VT-8 top engine support bracket.

Would anyone have a Heald that uses the top engine mount support that wouldn't mind taking a few up close photos. I really like this design update on the later Healds. I found a 3 inch section of my engine mounting plate on the left front corner with a cracked weld :( I feel this added upper...
  4. Sprocket86

Heald fork tube repair

I discovered that the fork on my Bronc needs some repair, if possible. The left spring broke off inside and someone thought it was a good idea to weld it all in there. You can see in the photo the tube portion has been ground down to hide the crap porous weld. I would like to cut the left...
  5. Sprocket86

Heald Super Bronc VT-8 upper fork and coil springs.

Looking for a wide upper fork and both coil springs for my Heald VT-8 Let me know what you have. Scott
  6. Sprocket86

Vintage arc welder.

My neighbor gave me this rather old arc welder. I have only ever used a MIG in the past. I was always under the assumption that arc welding was for thick material only and produced strong, but ugly weld bead. It has seen better days but it still works. The ground lead is pretty hammered and...
  7. Sprocket86

Heald factory headlight.

I am starting to look into wiring this from what appears to be the stock hi/lo beam headlight assembly. I think these were originally connected directly to the 12v battery and the engines stator AC output was rectified into DC voltage to charge the battery. Makes sense. If my Tec HM-80 only has...
  8. Sprocket86

Heald Super Bronc progress.

Getting lots done on the Heald VT-8 I wasn't really digging the looks of the mismatched pull start and fan shroud on my newly acquired Bronc. I wanted the classic white engine as these were when new. I was given 2 additional HM-80 engine and one is from 1971! Classic off white tins and the...
  9. Sprocket86

Tecumseh HM-80 starter motor delete.

I have decided to remove the E start components from my Heald Super Bronc for the time being. Starts with one pull anyway. Did Tecumseh make a fan shroud bump out block off tin for the HM series of engines? I would hate to get a rock or debris stuck in there.
  10. Sprocket86

My first Heald Super Bronc

I have finally purchased a mini bike that I have wanted for a very long time. It's an early 70's VT-8. Very complete bike with many correct parts. It needs final adjustment and I need to completely rewire it. I love tinkering and perfecting my mini bikes. The original Carlisle 21x12-8 chevron...
  11. Sprocket86

Heald Super Bronc VT-8

Going to make a road trip to Michigan to pick this up. Seller thinks its a 1974 VT-8 model. I have always wanted one of these and they are almost next to impossible to find up here in Ontario Canada. This one is very complete and has 90% of the correct parts. I love the remote mounted "Nelson"...
  12. Sprocket86

West Bend 820 Tav2 Sprocket mini bike.

Hello fellow OldMiniBikes enthusiasts! I recently completed this longtime awaited 2 stroke mini bike project! I have always loved 2 cycle engines and mini bikes. What a perfect combination. I first started this 2 stroke mini bike journey back around 2015. I followed another members idea of using a...
  13. Sprocket86

Vintage Fat tire rolling chassis.

Hi there. I’ve had the desire to add a fat tire mini bike to my fleet. Looking for a vintage fat tire roller to start a build with. El Burro, Wards 777, Heald super Bronc, Terra Cat, Trapper, Terra Torque etc. I am from SW Ontario Canada and ideally I would like to travel to the Neighbouring...
  14. Sprocket86

My absence from OldMiniBikes.

I'm back for some much needed mini bike action and started to miss this place. Saving for a down payment on my first house has taken a lot of the extra $$ for this hobby. I really started making a lot of posts and chatting with others. I'm from Ontario Canada and not much mini bike action up...
  15. Sprocket86

MTD/Columbia belt cover mount bracket

I've been getting side tracked with other hobbies and I haven't posted in a while. Does anyone have any pictures of a MTD/Columbia/Western flyer belt cover engine mount bracket? I need to locate one or fab one up. Some detailed pics would be great. Here are a few pics of the belt cover.
  16. Sprocket86

5HP briggs fuel pump set up.

I'm planning on putting together a 5hp I/C Briggs with a Tec carb and 691922 intake. The mini bike I plan on powering with this has a nice small round fuel tank that will gravity feed the float style tec carb. The problem I'm seeing here is that the carb height relation compared to the...
  17. Sprocket86

Band brake squeal

I've been getting some good seat time on my newly rebuilt MTD ugly bike and the band brake works excellent but emits a major high pitched squeal when applied. Like I mean a major squeal! Anyone ever run into this and come up with a remedy?
  18. Sprocket86

Bad Dog frame kits.

I've been really thinking of a new Bad Dog 6 inch wheel mini bike kit off Ebay. Can anyone provide any feedback or a build/ride report? These have been on the Bay forever but I see and hear very little talk about them. I'd hate to drop $$ on one of these kits only to be just as better...
  19. Sprocket86

Genuine Comet Tav2 cover decals

Can you purchase the belt cover decals that are on the genuine Comet Tav2 belt covers?
  20. Sprocket86

5hp I/C ball bearing side cover removal

Any special tricks to removing the side cover off a ball bearing PTO 5hp briggs? Is the PTO bearing a press on interference fit to the crank journal?