Search results

1. bobco

That is an expensive tecumseh!!!

Mike Sandberg is a well-known Tecumseh kart engine builder in Aurora, Colorado. Super nice guy and an amazing machinist. Together we came up with the Super7, a bored and stroked 299cc H70. Bore 2.8135", stroke 2.932"
  2. bobco

That is an expensive tecumseh!!!

I've got mine on eBay for $599.00 and no one wants it!! I'll probably pull the billet rod out of out and scrap the rest! I was really surprised one that was beat to shit with NO flywheel sold for $800 last month...
  3. bobco

changing intake valve seat angle from 46º to 31º on intake worth a try??

That's a neat idea, but you may get better flow by removing the metal in each intake and exhaust port to improve flow, by blending out the sharp right angle blobs from the factory castings. This and some camshaft work really wake these HS50s up!
  4. bobco

HS40 Crank part number?

I have one available! Tecumseh Rupp Fox MTD HS40 4 HP 33080 Crankshaft Roadster2 Black Widow Minibike | eBay
  5. bobco

Ain’t this a pretty thing!!

Wow! Now if we could get these boys to reproduce the 1969 Rupp Roadster tanks! :)
  6. bobco

Cool billet rod for the H60

Excellent! I am glad those parts arrived safely! I should have included some bronze 1/4" valve guides I bought years ago from Mike at VKE. :)
  7. bobco

1972 Rupp Roadster2 Mini Bike Tecumseh HS40 Original 4HP Minibike Mini Cycle!

Here is a well preserved and un-molested 1972 Rupp Roadster2 with a strong smooth running HS40! Comes with the optional VDO speedometer kit as shown with 203 miles and the rear luggage rack. Everything works on the bike, hi and low on the headlight and the taillight works too. Original Rupp...
  8. bobco

OK, my build used a H50 Motorsports block with steel sleeve, a stock H50 cast aluminum connecting rod, and a H60 crankshaft, and the .020" over Wiseco HS40 piston. With the difference in compression height of 1.150" for the H50 piston and 1.050" for the HS40 piston, this combination of parts put...
  9. bobco

I'll look at my notes of my build tomorrow and see if I mentioned anything about piston pop-up. I do recall using a .040" copper head gasket on this one. My H50 block with steel sleeve did not have any trenching done do it, or was it cast like that. I have seen both versions of the blocks in the...
  10. bobco

I built a Motorsports H50 block with a stock H60 rod and a bronze spacer for the wrist pin, the Wiseco HS40 .020" forged piston and saved 15g on the reciprocating weight. And the engine runs smoother! This billet rod is a cool find, congrats!
  11. bobco

1972 Rupp Roadster2 Mini Bike Original Full Documentation Dellorto 4HP Minibike!

Here is a well preserved and non-molested 1972 Rupp Roadster2 with all original documentation including dealer sales receipt, engine warranty card, owner's manual, a very rare Rupp cycle warranty card and all other documentation as pictured, you rarely see any of this with a bike sale these...
  12. bobco

Tecumseh billet retainers set for the H50 and larger needed

No worries! So, it's $30 for the billet spring retainers and $40 for the MCR H70 camshaft. Shipping is probably around $8.50 for USPS Ground Advantage.
  13. bobco

How about a partial barter for one of your H60 billet rods, the one with the HS40 wrist pin. I may have the H70 camshaft you need as well! ;)
  14. bobco

I have a few sets of these! :)
  15. bobco

Tecumseh HS50 - 67038A from 1974! $480 plus shipping.

This engine is sold! Thanks for the interest!
  16. bobco

Tecumseh HS50 - 67038A from 1974! $480 plus shipping.

I forgot to mention that I have a corner fill fuel tank and can swap it if someone needs that one.