Search results

1. W

Racing

I know there is some trike racing happening. BUT does anyone have video of any vintage trike racing from the 70s. I've never seen a RTS in a race, let alone many of them. Hey Steve Durham! Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  2. W

RTS expansion chambers

Does anyone know or better have pics of how the under engine expansion Chambers mount? Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  3. W

Pipes?

A while back someone cut up and mounted a set of banshee pipes on a 290/340RTS. They did a nice job and I've been trying to find the thread. Anyone know who that was? Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  4. W

TS disc brakes

I finally got time to work on the disc conversion on my big TS. Got the calipers mounted and added a skidplate to protect them. Now i gotta decide to either get it running again or strip it and paint.
  5. W

Alsport TS jackshaft mount?

Can anyone positively verify that this is a alsport TS jackshaft mount? My smaller TS was completely missing the engine and jackshaft mount and my larger uses a different style. I want to get a drawing made so people can recreate it.
  6. W

Trailer?

Just curious, has anyone ever owned or even seen an Alsport trailer? They are shown in the sales brochures but I've never seen ir even heard of anyone having one.
  7. W

Trike guys question

Have you ever had to replace just the pressed steel pillow block on the axle bearings? I already had new bearings and assumed the pillow blocks were ok. However 1 was broken and 2 were very distorted. Where did you get them? I managed to get 5 new ones at 4 different tractor supply store but...
  8. W

Macro Burst

Now that things have settled and most all people have power back, was anyone else affected by this storm? My family was without power for almost a week and i didn't have work for 5 days. All this from a 15-20 min storm. We didnt get hit this bad from hurricane sandy.
  9. W

That doesnt look right!

Finally got around to working on the TS290 disc brake install. Pulled the diff and this happened. Glad I didn't wait any longer. Hard to say where the snap-ring is till I pull it apart.
  10. W

New sub-forum?

Wow when did we get this? It doesn't show up on my phone with Tapatalk. Found it at work while not logged in and brousing for something. First Post!
  11. W

RTS SL infi

From the info I can locate, the alsport SL was 48 state legal. The popular science article lists New Mexico as 1 that was illegal but what other state? Steve? Any ideas. I knew people that had a SL here so I dont think its jersey.
  12. W

Stupid jersey laws

Yeah maybe I was wrong. A week ago Saturday k decided to take my big TS trike for a little ride. Around the yard a couple of times and down the back road. This road is only 2 blocks long and rarely has any traffic. I made a pass, around the yard and down the street again. When I got to the end...
  13. W

Movie software

I tried making a simple slide movie from my RTS trike rebuild. MS moviemaker is a bit less then what I would call easy. Yeah it went together easy enough but some editing and changes were not. Some thing I didnt figure out at all. Is there a free movie making software that is better? Sent from...
  14. W

Too much snow for my trikes

I pulled my trikes out to blast around in the snow but it keeps getting in the belt and makes it slip. I think a couple of inches would be ok but right now there is 6-8 out there. They were only calling for an inch last night. Calling for 3-6 now but I have more then that now.
  15. W

Did you ever just confuse yourself soo bad......

Somehow I got my gas cans switched around and made mix for my trikes out of reg gas. One ran fine but the other would fall on its face as it hit its upper rpms. I chased through the ignition and rejetted. Just recently I realized what I may have done and made some fresh mix from sunoco ultra...
  16. W

Running the RTS in the hot weather

It was a fairly hot and muggy day so my son-in-law gave my RTS a workout to see how she runs in the weather. Ran good, just a bit on the rich side https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv_R4IVQslA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  17. W

Tracker?

Did someone here get the Alsport Tracker from Woodbine NJ. I was looking but decided to pass.
  18. W

What would you have done?

Last Sunday as usual the family was over for dinner. I was just laying back watching tv, when I realized that someone was standing next to me. My granddaughter(6) and grandson(2 1/2) were standing with their helmets on and started with poppop can we go for a ride? The grandson repeated, "I have...
  19. W

Alsport RTS rollbar question

Could someone measure their rollbar for me? Finding one of these is tough and finding someone willing to part with it even harder. I just need the tube diameter, total width (tube edge to tube edge) and height from shock crossbar to the top edge. Thanks. I'm working toward mounting the expansion...
  20. W

Clutch differences

I've been trying to get my RTS tuned after adding the mikuni carb. It's really soft taking off on comparison my TS290 is pulling the front wheel off the ground at times. Well after a homemade wiring harness meltdown I decided to pull the clutch too. The cover/ramps are different. My TS and many...