Search results

1. J

Put taller handlebars on Murray Track2

yes those are the same bars I bought. the distance before ANY bend is just over 3.5", meaning the absolute flat straight section.
  2. J

the bars are 5-6" taller in the hand grip area. it varies because the angle of the new bars is "up and out" whereas the original bars are "down and in". so not only are they taller, but the angle is different and more comfortable. the minibike was designed for kids in the first place, right...
  3. J

Finally had the opportunity to ride the Murray with the taller bars. Yes, it is definitely even more wheelie prone if you get on the throttle (which makes sense). So much nicer ride though, especially on tighter turns where the handlebar end isn't hitting your knee!
  4. J

Did the work in the basement, haven't had a helper to haul it out of the cellar, so I will have to report back on that. I do know that with the 212 engine the thing has serious torque, to the extent that it will throw you off the bike if you don't respect it. I learned to get it rolling before...
  5. J

Decided to spend a little time on the Murray. Put on new handlebars, a good 5" taller in the hand grip area. Required longer brake and throttle cables, particularly the casing (I could replace just the cable itself with a longer one, but the outer plenum would still be too short). Picked up a...
  6. J

Murray Track 2 Predator conversion

Yeah, I read up on the TAV. At this point, going to leave it as is. We don't really have anyplace to ride other than around the yard. This works for our current needs and usage, and I don't want to put anymore time and $ into it right now (and I know the TAV is not expensive). Maybe in the...
  7. J

Let me know if the video link does not work. Fighting with it on my Android tablet...
  8. J

Completed our Murray Track2 Predator 212 conversion. Thought I'd post up a link to a short video I took so folks could hear and see it run. This conversion was pretty straightforward and turned this minibike into and absolute torque monster. Getting thrown off this thing is not fun. If you do...
  9. J

Murray Track 2 exhaust finally

Bought one. Didnt fit.
  10. J

I hope so. I sent him "after" photos. I did have to elongate the holes slightly. I wonder if the newer Predator has a wider bolt pattern than the original or older style? Mine is new; based on the photos he sent me, looks like Rex has an older engine. Not a big deal.
  11. tt32

tt32

12. tt12

tt12

13. tt22

tt22

14. J

Been working on putting a Predator 212 on my Murray Track 2. Those who have done this know that the exhaust is a pain. I bought the do it yourself kit and another pipe from OldMiniBikes and neither was going to work. I don't have a welder and don't know any welders. CarPlayLB pointed me to...
  15. J

whats causing my 3hp tecumseh to spit oil out the breather??

so is there any way to prevent this? I have the Tecumseh 3.5 on my Murray minibike. I let the kids ride it and occasionally it gets laid down which results in oil coming back into the air filter through the breather hose. short of not letting anyone who is going to lay it down ride it...
  16. J

Murray TR2 mini bike brake assembly?

brake cable update OK, thought I would close this thread with an update on the rear brake situation: I was able to buy a universal cable with housing for $8 total at a bike store. I bought a nylon spacer and an aluminum cable fastener that you feed the cable through, make a loop, come back...
  17. Murray minibike rear brake 2

Murray minibike rear brake 2

18. Murray minibike rear brake 1

Murray minibike rear brake 1

19. Murray minibike

Murray minibike