Search results

1. Clyde

2011 6.5 HF Clones, "SAFE" RPM range? (there is no safe range other than stock)

supernova: the part "Now, special thanks to those who dared to speak the "forbidden knowledge." was a genuine Thanks to you. The other part was a response to a PM from those who shall be obeyed:bowdown: Strigoi: you buckin' for the Barny Fife badge? If so, quote me section and verse of...
  2. Clyde

For those that have dared to speak so freely on this verboten subject … let me definitively say that I consider your responses to be no more than unsubstantiated opinion and thus I will not now (nor ever) hold you liable for any fricken' suggestion you all may make. I consider all responses...
  3. Clyde

The "WE DONT TALK about anything pertaining to this adventure." seems to be a firm new addition to this forbidden topic , and I sure don't want to have myself (or others) banned for asking an intelligent question about an engine. Sorry , didn't see the ANYTHING part of the stipulation posted...
  4. Clyde

I have 3 now. I took the time to actually "measure" some parameters. One 2011 version HF 6.5 clone will not 'govern' (or rev limit if you prefer) itself per factory spec (measured with an impulse digital tach) . It revs a wobbly 3650+ RPM but pulls back sharply to cruise max 3400 rpm. The nuts...
  5. Clyde

miniwood: perhaps I should explain the need for the knowledge? I am not 13 years old. I have a few years experience with "engines & motors". I use these 6.5HF clones on a work minibike (good for surveying) AND a lot of other work equipment (boats too). Their size to retro-fit on my old...
  6. Clyde

OK. So this site has great mandates (and info) on NOT removing the governors to exceed the factory governed speed of 3600rpm (spec 3600 +/- 150 rpm per manual). The first thing a kid usually hears when even mentioning wanting to own a mini-bike is that it is dangerous and to "forget about it"...
  7. Clyde

engine advice.

Maybe re-post your inquiry in the Engine Section , then Tecumseh Engines?:shrug: Here is a quick general concept of what you will do. The guy is working on an old tractor, and has a cool accent, the procedure should give you inspiration ... other Tecumseh guys can guide you exactly for your...
  8. Clyde

engine advice.

Is h35 an aluminum cylinder ? May want to check before a hone job. Regardless, do it yourself. Tools are cheap , knowledge that you will get is worth every bit of the effort. Easy job with the simple tools (example of tool type at HF about $8)>>>>
  9. Clyde

Bloodhound!!!

We can only hope.:shrug: Hope it ain't just wishful thinking. My wife and a daughter do occasional "work" with a local animal rescue group. There is a disturbing trend here, locally. There was a suburban real estate housing boom nearby. Lots of Young Urban Professional folks with all sorts of...
  10. Clyde

Bloodhound!!!

So,you can't "start a family" with a good dog ... and your trying to quote "get rid of him soon" on a Minibike Forum? Dude, is the dog more loyal than you are? ,
  11. Clyde

WHAT???!!! is that damn SOUND!!!

Ahhhh... the eviltron http://www.amazon.com/ThinkGeek-Eviltron/dp/B002X8ROD8/ref=pd_bxgy_t_text_b, they work great in pairs ----- occasionally add some smelly stuff too; for a fun passive/aggressive day at work----> Amazon.com: liquid ass: Toys & Games
  12. Clyde

WHAT???!!! is that damn SOUND!!!

pssssssssst.........-----> Amazon.com: Annoy-a-tron: Toys & Games
  13. Clyde

Which early Honda Trail 50s are the most valueable?

I have a 74' Z50. In 2011, how the Hell is an old Honda Trail still getting $2-3K when a brand new Ruckus or Yamaha C3 sell for less.:shrug: You want to ride it, or hang it on a wall next to a Picasso? I say, preserve BOTH. Do what you can to get both running. Buff , polish, mend, enough...
  14. Clyde

I remember....

Cool idea! With the right vintage parts (especially with an old 2 stroke, or 4 stroke), and a retro-colored paint job, that would be an awesome project. {I like yellow and maroon, or aqua and white ... or heck, pick any old 1950'-60's car two-tone paint job} I looked at the 1938-1945 Le Jay...
  15. Clyde

she got me a E-rivet for valentines day

Looks like you need some ape-hanger handlebars mounted as foot-pegs :laugh:
  16. Clyde

truth

C-CAT is waiting to be put on your MB. Fender or tank? May the meow be with you ... Ceiling Cat papercraft | Doobybrain.com
  17. Clyde

truth

Neck; the Cat is One with all of us. He sees us , and watches over us. Amen. http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Ceiling_Cat
  18. Clyde

truth

Neck, look over here ... "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!!" {my personal take on religion "in general"} Stephen F. Roberts is alleged to be an internet pseudonym for this threads opening quotation. More likely the quotes origin is older and multiple. Example: Bertrand...
  19. Clyde

truth

On giving a "rats south end" I proffer the God Ganesh, who is seated on a rat that keeps nibbling on whatever is available. The rat is a symbol of our senses, never satisfied. The wise person rides on his senses and keeps them under control. So much for deified ass on a rat. Just saying....
  20. Clyde

truth

Religion is in the eye of the beholder. Can be uber-creepy for those who are not "sheep in the flock". God Answers Prayers Image Gallery Page 1 Jesus-With You Always Or some what humorous? >>> sortakinda.com