Search results

1. L

Anybody know anything about this go kart? Make? & So on? Thanks in advance.

It's not a Rupp Lancer; it is a Lancer built by Hancock Karts, Findlay, OH which was owned by Bob Jeffery (Big J) Hancock Diesel. Rupp built the Lancer's 1964 thru 1968 when Bob Jeffery took it back.
  2. L

Vintage 4” Aluminum Racing Wheels

Precision wheel used on the front of Hornet karts with front drum brakes.
  3. L

What Margay kart is this??

Serial number is stamped inside the right front yoke, you may need to pull the spindle out to read it, call Margay, they can tell you the year and model.
  4. L

Not sure what it is red 1

Only if I can bring my Fox. Miss seeing you guys, too damn busy fighting off the government to have time to smell the flowers. I'll call you.
  5. L

Not sure what it is red 1

1964 Fox, box mounts. Very desirable kart with the vintage groups. Do you have more pictures? Does it have the Lemans wheels on it? What does the rest look like?
  6. L

I found a NOS 15 teeth Max-Torque

Jim's word is like gold, plus he knows a little about Max-Torque clutches.
  7. L

Why won't that crank work with your kart, the only thing limiting is you won't be able to go very small on the engine driven sprocket, you can put a larger axle sprocket on it to get your gearing. If it's a fun or yard kart then it doesn't matter.
  8. L

10 tooth on the engine is common, some may run a 9 tooth, this is for sprint racing, enduro running they may use a 12 or 13 tooth, depending on the track layout. Post a picture so we can see what the guts of the clutch are. It may be a fun kart clutch, Max-Torque makes many types of clutches.
  9. L

Fairbanks and Morse Recoil

Very nice early West Bend, the side mount looks like Margay, any markings on it? That engine looks like it has not been run.
  10. L

Robert Stanton at RobRon

What I am hearing is he is not doing well, he lost his wife two weeks ago and he is not in good health. Louie
  11. L

Go kart ID help, please

Not a Rupp, can you post pictures of the rear axle bearing hangers, the bottom of the kart also, need more pictures. At first glance it looks like a Go Kart 800 or 1200 that's been modified.
  12. L

Go kart roller i.d. wanted...

RobRon bought out the Rupp line in the '70's, the four inch front Turbines were not made after 1964, in 1965 all the Rupp Dart karts had 5 inch front wheels. RobRon did not make that kart, it is a Rupp built Dart kart 300 (fun kart). Also RobRon karts did not use a tie rod with a drag link, all...
  13. L

Go kart roller i.d. wanted...

It's a 1964 Dart 300 by Rupp, it has all the right parts to restore, the correct engine would be a Tecumseh H25
  14. L

Wanted fuel tank that will fit a Rupp Sprint

Sorry, when you said Rupp Sprint I was thinking sprint kart as opposed to enduro kart. Hope you find what you need.
  15. L

Wanted fuel tank that will fit a Rupp Sprint

Greg Gouveia, 805-305-2074, Greg just finished a batch of reproduction Chilton 5 qt fuel tanks, they are not cheap but very nice quality, this will probably be the last run of tanks that Greg will be doing.
  16. L

Chrysler/West Bend 820 flywheel screen

Where are you located?
  17. L

Chrysler/West Bend 820 flywheel screen

Is this what you need, these are off early 820's with the cast recoils.
  18. L

Mc 9 engine

Give Terry a call, he may tell you to send the engine. 916-201-7707 is his cell.
  19. L

Mc 9 engine

Call Terry first, he told me he is not taking any engines for a while, he is 6 months backed up.
  20. L

Mc 9 engine

Jim, the MC9's came with flatback carburetors, it is a diaphragm pumper carburetor, it sounds as though you should rebuild the carburetors with new diaphragms, set the fulcrum height and popoff pressure. If your engine has any type of air leak you will also have a problem with the fuel flow and...