Search results

1. creia

RIP Robert Fragoman

Sadly, I just heard from his son (also named Robert) that he passed away shortly after his recent retirement in September of this year. Some of you long time members on here will remember him. He sold vintage OEM NOS parts for many of the old minibikes. I purchased from him many times over the...
  2. creia

Briggs 2.5 HP Engines

What minibikes came with these as the original factory equipment? Michael
  3. creia

Briggs 3HP "Flo-Jet" (updraft) carb & intake manifold

Used OEM Briggs & Stratton. It appears to be complete with no visible damage, however, it is untested. Both the throttle plate and the choke plate function properly and are not frozen. Will possibly need a cleaning and/or some rebuilding. PM me with your direct email for photos. $ 75.00 shipped...
  4. creia

Super Bronc Torque Converter Question

This one is for all you Super Bronc owners out there.... I have a Super Bronc VT-8 with what appears to be an original Comet 30 Series Torque Converter. I was doing some maintenance on the bike today and had the cover off of the torque converter. My question is about the rear driven unit. I...
  5. creia

Tecumseh HS-40 Diaphragm Carbs

I have 2 carbs that came off of a couple of early 1970's Tec HS40s that I switched to float bowl carbs. They are untested and all that I did was clean them on the outside. They appear to be complete with nothing broken or missing, however, I make no guarantees, and they may need to be...
  6. creia

Need Briggs 5 HP Crankshaft

Looking of a good used crank for a 1973 Briggs 5 HP engine. Must be the one with the ball-bearing support on the PTO end, with straight shaft at least 2 1/4" long, and has a slotted keyway. Please contact me by PM and we can discuss further. Thank you, Michael
  7. creia

Powdercoating and frame serial numbers

What has been your experience with powder coating a frame that has a serial number stamped into it? After sandblasting and powder coating is the serial number still legible or does it get removed and/or covered over? This would be for a 1968 Taco 99. Michael
  8. creia

Wanted: 1968 Briggs 5 HP Shroud

I am in need of a 1967 or 1968 Briggs 5 HP shroud (numbers must be legible) in decent condition. I do not need the separate bolt-on recoil assembly, however, I would purchase it with the shroud if need be. Please PM me directly with anything you have to sell. Thank you, Michael
  9. creia

Vic Edelbrock Jr. - R.I.P

The son of the founder (Vic Edelbrock Sr.) of Edelbrock Engineering died on 6/9/2017 in Rolling Hills, California at age 80. According to Wikipedia, he ran the company from 1962. We owe a lot to this family for the vehicle performance we have today for their innovative design, engineering, and...
  10. creia

What minibikes or karts came with a 4 HP Briggs?

You very seldom hear any discussion about these engines (much less ever see one in person), and it got me thinking... Was the 4 HP Briggs used as original equipment on any minibikes or karts? Of course the use of the 3 HP and 5 Hp Briggs is legendary, but why not the 4 HP? My (preliminary)...
  11. creia

What minibikes had Briggs engines with front mounted tanks?

Lots of them came with the rear-mounted tanks with the "Pulsa-Jet" (diaphragm) carb. Did any come from the factory with the front-mounted tank and "Flo-Jet" (float bowl) carb? Which ones were they? Michael
  12. creia

What minibikes had angled engine mounting plates?

I know that some Rupp, Fox, and Speedway bikes had engines mounted at an angle. Were there any other brands that did this? Michael
  13. creia

Looking for Tecumseh decal

I am in need of this decal for an engine we are restoring. That is a silver-colored background behind the Indian head. I bought a few of them a several years ago from a seller on Ebay, however I am unable to locate any for sale now. Does anyone have a source...
  14. creia

Wanted: Bearcat Twister, Tote Gote 750, or Super Bronc VT-8/VT-10

My son and i are looking for one of these "adult-sized" off road bikes. We have listed them in order of preference. We really do not want another "project" bike this time around, nor does it need to be restored, we just need one that is in reasonably good shape both mechanically and...
  15. creia

Super Bronc speedometer repair

Has anyone ever had to have a minibike speedometer repaired/recalibrated? Our 1974 VT-8 OEM speedometer works, however, it is way off on MPH. At about 30-35 mph it reads 55 mph. Michael
  16. creia

Tecumseh HM100 needs a carb

I have a Tecumseh 10 HP HM100 that is missing a carb. I want to try one of those cheap aftermarket carbs. Can anybody provide me with a link to a reliable Ebay seller that you have purchased from before and the carb performed properly? Of course I only want a fully adjustable (both high and low...
  17. creia

Heald Super Bronc VT-8 torque converter question

On the original Comet 30 driven unit: As you face the driven from the left side of the bike, with the holes rotated to the top of the driven, what hole is the spring installed from the factory? (left/#1, middle/#2, or right/#3) What is the best position of the spring for off road, hill...
  18. creia

Shoutout (and thank you) to jeep2003

I recently purchased some reproduction parts made by jeep2003 (Bryan). The quality was excellent and Bryan's "technical support" helping me with the installation was stellar and very much appreciated. We are very fortunate to have professional fabricators like him on our forum- Thank you Bryan...
  19. creia

Heald Super Bronc speedometer help please

We have an inoperative speedometer on our VT-8. There is no (obvious) visible damage and everything "appears" to be connected, however, the cylindrical geared assembly that slides unto the front axle has a protruding "lever" that I suspect must somehow be secured to the wheel hub and goes around...
  20. creia

Tecumseh HM80 8 HP throttle/governor linkage - need photos please

We have an HM80 that has had some monkey business on the throttle/governor linkage from the previous owner. We want to get it back to the OEM setup. I could sure use some good photos that show the proper/original connection and location of the linkages, springs, etc. Sixpac440 (Kevin) was kind...