Search results

1. Miniwood

Newtoys

Ended up with a honda 70 and a honda 80. Got the 80 going pretty good ! Ithink its from the 1980s: the 70 is in the year 20xx Model. Can anyone direct me to a good forum for these bikes ? Also i had the 70 going then something popped and it wont shift gears -(automatic) i pulled the clutch...
  2. Miniwood

Frustrated missing

Briggs 3.5 flathead was missing. Rebuilt block with new piston rings and lapped valves! Good compression! After rebuild had to pirme carb to get it to start each time i would start it! Would stay running but a little sluggish and very laggy! Cleaned carb and tank , pick up tube firm...
  3. Miniwood

Piston and rings

Briggs 3.5 flathead mod 91202 Ordered a set of rings that are too thick to fit in the piston groves. The factory rings are very thin 1/16in or so . The new rings are twice is thick. Should i get a new piston for $15 to accomadte the new rings. Or just reorder the thinner rings. The...
  4. Miniwood

Rings too thick

Just got some Sterns piston rings ( 500-017) for my 3.5 flathead briggs. Mod 91202 The stern ring # 500-017 number does transfer to the correct briggs ring # 298982 However the sterns rings in the box are way too thick! the sterns pressure rings are 1/8 to 3/16 inches thick. They will not fit...
  5. Miniwood

Loose Piston Rings/ Slap

I checked the ring gap on my piston rings and they were within spec . However i noticed i could wiggle the piston side to side really easy inside the cylinder! I replaced the rings and now the piston is nice and snugg within the cylinder. The old rings were thin and brittle. Even though...
  6. Miniwood

Post deleted

Was asking about interest about a relay for life minibike donation. The post was deleted. Did i do somthing wrong or put it in the wrong place? Do i need a mods permission or somthing? Please pm me and let me know what is the protocal ! Thanks Woody
  7. Miniwood

Minibikin thanks

Thanks minibikin for donating the briggs 3.5 hp for the fire bike several years ago. Still have the motor and am about to put new rod, rings and seated the valves. The cylinder looks like new and painting the engine covers . Parts are cheap and its so easy to work on. It will run and look new...
  8. Miniwood

3 hp flat head

3 hp briggs flathead Knocking heavy under load and missing. Cleaned carb and have good fuel in tank. New plug ! Pullet head,,, top of piston and valves covered in carbon ( bad) . Cylinder looks great . Valves seem to seat ok ( not super tight) haven't checked gap yet! Suggestions?
  9. Miniwood

2 stroke

Want to add a 2 stroke smoker to one of my frames. Would like to run over 40mph and not strain. What would be a minimum size CC and gave good power;Dont want something too small! Looking at some used snowblowers. Suggestions?
  10. Miniwood

Thanks Again Fire Bike

Happy new year !! It's been several years since my sons mini caught fire. You guys kicked in and gave me all the parts to get it going again . I even was given a Briggs 3.5 hp motor. The bike still runs great and we ride it all the time. My son has been driving a 1987 Doge Daytona with...
  11. Miniwood

Exhaust

Exhaust keeps falling out. I Screw it in tight but when it gets hot the the screw in muffler falls out on my briggs 5 hp. Used blue permatex but it think it burnt up. Suggestion?
  12. Miniwood

Stinkin tire

Well i feel beaten. Got the tire on the front rim just fine. The back tire is killing me. Same tire as the front. Popped the rim thru one side of the tire but can get the other side in the rim gurr. I have never been defeated by a tire yet. Tried to slowly get the last 1/4 on the rim by...
  13. Miniwood

Mistake ?

Ive always purchased my boys off-road toys; minibikes, 4 wheelers, go cart, dirt bikes. Now my youngest son (16)wants a street bike. There is no way i will purchase him one. I care for him too much to have him spread all over the street. He said what if i buy my own. I said not in my house; i...
  14. Miniwood

Thread lock

Use it or loose it. Ive Noticed when you start to over rev these engines ( with the proper supporting mods) the bolts and screws begin to back out! Seems like the carburetor is extreemly affected. make sure you use thread lock on the bolts inside the carb. housing so they dont get sucked in...
  15. Miniwood

what is this

sorry please delete
  16. Miniwood

91203 or 91232 have bearing?

Either motor have a bearing on the crank? Can you tell by just looking at the crankcase cover?
  17. Miniwood

Piston slap

Have a 3.5 briggs 91232 with a lot of piston slap at the beginning of throttle as the rpms go up the slap goes away. Any suggestions? Also i have a 91202 short block just sitting. Does Either one of these 2 motors have a bearing on the crank? Is there a way to look at the outer case to...
  18. Miniwood

Comp valves and springs.

I ordered valves and springs from comp racing. Both of the new springs are the same number and length. Briggs calls for different numbers and one of the old springs was shorter ( A full 1/4 inch) than the other. There was no top retainer on the springs so they could have worn down
  19. Miniwood

New rings and piston compression down

Put in new ring and piston. Compression is at 65lbs holding. Checked and rings were placed correctly. With proper gap. I replaced the valve springs. My old springs were different heights and the motor specs call for different springs. Comp cams sent me the same spring for each valve. ? The...
  20. Miniwood

Which Way?

not sure whick way the choke linkage wire goes? Works both ways but i dont want if to fall off.