Search results

1. yalipito

This is why you use billet rods

Had that happen and it looked just like yours. I was not hurt and I am glad you weren't either.
  2. yalipito

Intek 6.5 crankshaft bearing

The vanguard has two bearings and the industrial engine also, next would be an animal block. Sidecovers will interchange.
  3. yalipito

New guy from Atlanta, GA

Hi h34, I am south of Atlanta and I am selling all my stuff. All hi performance briggs, WF engine and 305cc on minibikes. Not for your son though (too fast). Let me know if interested in seeing any of it. Have fun Oz
  4. yalipito

GX340 vs GX390

How would a gx390 compare to a briggs 305 if they were built similar? I know that displacement is a big factor. Powerwise, would they be close?
  5. yalipito

GX340 vs GX390

They both show 389cc, 88mm bore x 64mm stroke.
  6. yalipito

GX340 vs GX390

According to the Honda specs they both have the same bore and stroke. What makes them rated at different power levels? Head cc's?
  7. yalipito

Turning down crankshaft rpm

That looks darn good.
  8. yalipito

how are you going to cut the keyway? This will be done by a friend who has a lathe and a mill. Thanks for the info guys.
  9. yalipito

Need a little carb/tuning help please

Jetsrus might have the jets.
  10. yalipito

For those who have a lathe and have turned down a crankshaft (clutch side). What rpm did you use? Thanks
  11. yalipito

Need new TC belt

I just bought one from the Comet Industries Belts | Go Kart Belts | MANCO-MURRAY-CARTER BROS-YERF DOG-FETERL PUG Clutch Belt. Belts for Go Cart, Yerfdog belts, Murray Go Kart Belts, Manco GoKart belts, Golf Cart drive belt. Best price that I could find for an original.
  12. yalipito

Comet 44 series magnum torque converter

$100 seems like a fair deal but I have access to a lathe and I do my own welding. Just noticed that the 40 and 44 series are different. 44 is more tunable stock.
  13. yalipito

Checked on the shockwave :scared:, new it is not an option. In my plans I was already thinking about having to make rollers. I thought that the belt was 7/8" on the 44, is the wider belt a modification? Any pics of your setup?
  14. yalipito

I am thinking about one for my drag bike (B&S 305). I would like to hear (read) thoughts and opinions, preferably from people who have used or seen them used. Thanks.
  15. yalipito

Is the belt too tight?

Yes, everything looks to be lined up properly. Comet belt might solve your problem.
  16. yalipito

Is the belt too tight?

It looks to me like the belt might be too tight. Remove the driver and post the same view without it. Mine has slack on the belt.
  17. yalipito

Torque converter instale. Gearing questions

Belt just crapped out after 12 years. I guess I can't complain. If anyone knows of a better belt than stock let me know please, otherwise I will buy a stock one. Thanks
  18. yalipito

I don't have it on the mini anymore but I think it 10 out of tav to 36 on rear, 16" rear tire. It would hit 60 mph at around 8k.
  19. yalipito

On my mini I was never able to reach high rpm with the od. My engine was a B&S animal built like a WF and the bike/rider was half the weight of your kart. I also tried the 9 tooth with no real change. I still run the original belt that came with it. The tav now powers a golf cart and the...
  20. yalipito

1.3 rockers in B&S animal

Thanks, I figured it would help but did not know where in the rpm range.