Search results

1. C

used Briggs World Formula engine kit NR ebay

title says it all, check it out. Used Briggs World Formula Engine Kit | eBay
  2. C

ProMod jackshaft bending

I have bent the alum plate a couple times and wondering if anyone else has this problem. I ride my DB30 pretty hard I suppose, because I have also busted the chords on the tires too. The 1st time I noticed it was bent, I removed it from the engine and straightened it in a vise. The alum...
  3. C

97cc engine with mods vid

Can anyone tell this 97cc runs good? I am planning to sell my Briggs 5hp Flatheads, don't need them anymore LOLs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1mcegoPEQw
  4. C

DB30 parts

I need the front fork bolt, nut and washers. Plus, need brake and throttle cables. If you have DB30 you are parting out and have parts, send a PM. I know OldMiniBikes has these, so will get them there, if no one responds. Thanks.
  5. C

97cc crank oil seal failure

I guess probably not, but anyone have experience replacing 97cc crankshaft oil seals? Finally had a failure on 97cc. Flywheel oil seal let go, funny sound and leaks oil. Found a couple of places to buy OEM seals, but would like to get a little better oil seal. I think the OEM crank seal...
  6. C

compression vs rpm theory?

I'm looking for a little more performance from my stock 3hp Briggs flathead. I want to keep the governor, don't plan to turn > 5000 rpms. I know raising compression too much can defeat hp at higher rpms, but what about at lower rpms? I would be happy to trade more torque at low rpms for...
  7. C

Jr Dragster head for 5hp Briggs Flathead

Head manufactured by PM-1 Custom Shop, Eldorado Springs, MO. Head Is for Jr Dragster 5hp Briggs Flathead. I was told used with 3" bore/ big stroked engine. I measured cc's with Briggs sparkplug installed and measured approx 94cc's. Appears never used, but has had the combustion area...
  8. C

Horstman H beam rod

I just bought a box of Briggs parts from a guy that used to do Jr Drag racing with 5hp Briggs FH's. One part I got was a Horstman H beam rod. Appears to be standard length and looks to be in good shape. The rod cap is held on with bolts and nuts, which is unusual for me. All other rods...
  9. C

97cc spark arrestor mod

The best place I have to ride is idle land south of Dallas. Mainly native grasses and cactus, so have extreme fire danger most of the time, except just after it rains and early spring. The 97cc engine OEM muffler comes with a marginal spark arrestor (just some wire mess across the outlet...
  10. C

6.5hp clone carb on Briggs 5hp FH?

Anyone every put 6.5hp clone carb on Briggs 5hp FH? :shrug: Seems like would work well, just need manifold. These carbs are cheap ($15 new) and work well on clones. They are easy to rejet, so pretty sure could tune to run well with another engine. Any comments welcomed.
  11. C

97cc gas cap gasket?

I have several of the 97cc engines and some of the gas cap gaskets seem to be made out of the wrong material. Some gas caps gaskets are fine and work well, no problems. While others get soft, enlarge, and don't work properly. Looking at gas caps, thought occurred why not just buy the...
  12. C

butterfly removal/ install

Have 5hp Briggs FH with pulse jet carb. Is there a trick to removing the butterfly? I back out the idle adjustment so the butterfly closes, but it is still at an angle to the screwdriver head. I guess you just have to finesse it best you can? :shrug:
  13. C

regular piston in cool bore engine

Like a few others, I am addicted to looking in CL for old Briggs 5hp FH's for cheap. Over time, I have acquired more than I need but keep looking anyway. They usually don't run and can be challenging to fix, but hey it's fun for me. It's interesting to see the different things that go wrong...
  14. C

Bird Nighhawk, nice

Bird Thunderbird Minibike
  15. C

gen 1 world formula engine?

Anyone familiar with 1st generation Briggs World Formula engine, the one before PVL ignition/ flywheel? This one has steel flywheel and coil like Briggs 5hp Flathead. Original owner used it for kart road racing. It died when the yellow oil cap came off during a race, blew the oil out, and...
  16. C

Briggs 3.75hp flathead runs great!

I have 3.75hp flathead, got off small tiller. Wasn't running, so took it apart, cleaned up carb, lashed valves, etc and now runs very well. Actually, this thing runs really well, will pull almost 40mph, gets up to approx 30mph quick. When I had it apart, I noticed the cam lobes (plastic cam)...
  17. C

Briggs 692316 throttle linkage kit

Looking for this kit (Briggs 692316), probably lying around in someone's take-off pile. If you installed aftermarket carb or bypassed the governor, you may have it. Doesn't need to be new, just useable. Mainly looking for alum cast piece (w/ the 2 screws) that anchors the throttle cable...
  18. C

Honda GC160 easy start leak link

I used to really like Honda GC160, thought it was the ultimate minibike engine. They are readily available used, but pricey because they make great small work engines for generators, pressure washers, tillers, etc. I bought one used for $125 and thought it was a good deal. Not long ago I...
  19. C

North Texas Event June 13/ 16-2013

I saw this on CL, contacted if minibikes OK, and they are welcomed. Said will have minibike dirt track and races. :thumbsup: This is cl ad with contact info: North Texas Lakes Rally | Scoot Baby! June 13-16 Huge Scooter Camping Rallyvespa lambretta cushman moped puch kymco piaggio buddy...
  20. C

145/70-6 OEM tire failure?

I think the cords pulled loose on my rear tire. I was riding on my track, pretty fast and rear moved more than normal. When I came in and oiled the chain, I noticed the tire was out of round approx 1" to 2" in a couple of spots, with outside of tire bulging out in places. I dismounted the...