Search results

1. dcswindler4

6.5 baja heat minibob "black betty"

i wont say its finished because there is more i want to do to it, but its being ridden fairly often. its been flipped back a few times by friends not heeding my warning to watch out when the TAV kicks in. i picked up an old mini that i've been slowly rebuilding, so the very little free time i do...
  2. dcswindler4

Kill Devil Hills, NC?

always went there for their ice cream, never had any of their food, ill make sure to try it this time
  3. dcswindler4

Kill Devil Hills, NC?

hey, ill be going down to KDH NC 10/6-10/13, anybody ride down there? anybody know if the cops are strict on street riding minis? debating on loading up black betty...
  4. dcswindler4

Baja Warrior

just the head board? fork inserts? both?
  5. dcswindler4

back from the dead this isnt related to my build but didnt want to make a new thread just to say this ill be making the trek up to York PA this weekend for the jeep show, ill be camping out at the fairgrounds there friday evening to sunday evening. meeting up with the jeeper friends that...
  6. dcswindler4

25% OFF on Easter - Harbor Freight

couldnt use it online for the 212 because its "on sale" right now so that excludes it from the coupon...and the closest HF is over an hour away...boooo
  7. dcswindler4

re-gearing a Baja db30s

You'll never regret throwing a $100 predator 212 engine in it from harbor freight
  8. dcswindler4

Problem, Does it quailify as a mini

well this way you can fine tune the ride height untill you're ready to cut the springs...mine i couldnt so if i cut too much, :doah:too bad. id leave the fork tubes intact and only mess with the springs once you get to that point.
  9. dcswindler4

Problem, Does it quailify as a mini

the forks for that year are able to slide through the top mount? if so, you're lucky
  10. dcswindler4

got the tank, petcock, and cap from ebay. for all 3 it was $97.34 shipped -the petcock was $14.68 shipped described as "CHROME GAS FUEL TANK PETCOCK 3/8 NPT FOR HARLEY 55-74" from ebay user "sampowersports1" -the cap was $9.65 shipped described as "VENTED CHROME 36-72 STYLE GAS CAP fits HARLEY...
  11. dcswindler4

i also bought some 60-80 drillbits so when i do decide to add a filter and header, i can rejet accordingly :thumbsup:
  12. dcswindler4

eventually i want to put on a cone filter and header...trying to think up an intake manifold to point it forward or straight up (maybe backwards). something similar to this but in minibike form i was able to weld on the tank mounting brackets so the gas tank is on and secure, and all hooked...
  13. dcswindler4

Vintage style Azusa frame

if you're willing to seperate, how much for just the seat shipped to commercial address 20187?
  14. dcswindler4

Baja Warrior Rebuild

paul, id have to take C9H13NO3s side on this one...when applying what i've learned in offroading and its fabrication...if you damage a section of a rollcage you ALWAYS sleeve the tubing because a simple butt weld is weaker in comparison...and when you add a section of tube to a square frame to...
  15. dcswindler4

hf predator 212cc for $99

call your local HF store first and ask them what the price is....when it was online for $149, my local store had them for $129...with the 20% off coupon it was $103 and some change...then $25 or something for the 2 yr warranty. so while not $99 + warranty, it was close at $103
  16. dcswindler4

Baja Warrior Rebuild

im curious to see the end result... i have a feeling those footpegs will be getting cut down some, and i think your bike would look sick with a dirtbike front end and a skinny front tire...and the extra stopping power is awesome. i put on a 1980 KDX80 front end on my baja. you should consider...
  17. dcswindler4

Hoppy's "The WTF"-Open Class

diggin the snapper frame, and the larger tires are a great choice....keep it up
  18. dcswindler4

i've been sick since my last post so i still havent really done much. took off the stock tank and painted the new one thats about it...still need to paint the rear wheel....
  19. dcswindler4

DB30 engine swap

Sounds like you didn't use the 20% off for the engine, if a HF isn't too far away it would be worth going in and using it to get some money back, just make sure to do it within 30 days of buying it. As someone who has recently put a tav on, I love it, it has more torque than before and the high...
  20. dcswindler4

havent really been able to get work done on this bike...i picked up another the other day thats been getting my attention. got it off CL for $60, its a '77 doodlebug style mini, its now completely apart getting stripped and paint soon, probably picking up a 212 to put in while they're still on...