Search results

1. 2

New toy (terra jet)

I still have to do some research and find all the details but it's a early 70's terra jet. 4X4 amphibious has a 17hp kohler 2 cycle motor. I pulled off the body lastnight and it needs a new plug so I didn't get it fire it up.
  2. 2

Dyno'd my Briggs

All stock motor put down 4.39hp and 7.06tq. Now time for some mods. Mini bike dyno - YouTube
  3. 2

Difference in 5.5 & a 5?

They appeare to be the same block and carb. What makes the .5 difference and can you use the same cam and rods out of a 5hp? I also hooked up my throttle cable to the fast/low slider lever. Is that the correct place to put it? that seems the only way to keep the governor working right...
  4. 2

My Project

Thought I would throw up a build thread. Picked the mini up in Ann Arbor Mi. about 2 months ago. Got online and found this website that has been very helpful in getting me pointed in the right direction. Here is what it looked like when I got it. Had a John Deere theme going on with it...
  5. 2

My Build, need input on parts.

I have a Boonie with a 5hp Briggs on it. I will be going with a billet rod and flywheel so I can crank it to the moon and come back in one piece. I took the motor apart today and it had some issues going on that I noticed and this is my first go around with a briggs. First thing was the cyl...
  6. 2

What should I do buy or build?

I have tossed around the idea of building my 5hp briggs. I want more low end power and more high rpm's. I didn't know if it made more sense to build what I have or buy a 6.5 clone? So what would you guys build or buy for a street, pull start bike?
  7. 2

Torque Converter?

Don't know alot about them. Did a quick search but just found stuff F/S. I know what they do but not sure how they do it and what it takes to put one on. Anyone have any knowledge and wants to share feel free. Thanks 2Quick.
  8. 2

Found out how fast my Boonie goes

Got the GPS unit out and went for a ride. It does 38 pretty easy but I had to tuck down low to get 40 out of it. I was blown away by how fast it went. I thought 30 was as fast as it felt. Scary part is my brake cable broke on me yesterday.
  9. 2

Governor?

I noticed the governor on my motor isn't connected to anything. Should I leave it like it is or put it back to stock, or remove it completely? Not the best picture but here it is.
  10. 2

Tell me what I have?

I have been looking for a mini bike for a little while. I just always liked them. I drug this home last weekend. (for FREE) Thanks Uncle Andy. It runs but needs a little work and some cleaning I know it's a 5 hp briggs