Search results

1. Bobscooters

Taillight & Tag

Saw these cool old skool look taillights on ebay so thought i'd dress up the Bonanza & than i needed a license tag.
  2. Bobscooters

Major brake failure

A while back i mounted a motor / bicycle brake on the rear of my Western flyer hoping the brake pad would hold up and allow me to stop and even though the band was about a 1/2 inch wide i never expected this. amazingly i have been ride over six months the pad held up and had little wear. the...
  3. Bobscooters

1/25 scale slot car racing

just a good deal if your into slot car racing or trying to relive your childhood like i'm doing. if you have a Ollie's store ( kinda like Big Lot store ) they had these today for $15. said regular price was $49.99 well maybe but the $15. was a cool deal and i picked up the 66 Oldsmobile 442 to...
  4. Bobscooters

HF welding table

anyone see these welding tables on sale at harbor freight, last time i welded on my portable plastic table i melted a spot:doah: yeah i know. might go see if they are worth $50. bucks. Adjustable Steel Welding Table
  5. Bobscooters

Bonanza riding high

Didn't like the little 5 inch wheels /tires on my Bonanza so doubled the size to 3.50-10, yeah not original but affordable and ride better and i think look cooler.
  6. Bobscooters

minibike forks

anyone have any clue what this are off of ???
  7. Bobscooters

tractor supply

smiling today :smile: not just that it's Thanksgiving but right around the corner and within walking or minibike distance they are building a brand new Tractor Supply store, sure it's not a minibike shop but it's better than a food store or drug store and someplace close i can go kill some time at.
  8. Bobscooters

Coca Cola cooler

been looking for a little cooler for the garage to keep from running back into house, anyone else interested Home Depot has them for $30. on sale. went and picked one up tonight since they got pretty good reviews. holds 6 cans . Coca-Cola 0.14 cu. ft. Retro Fridge in Red-KWC-4-2 at The Home Depot
  9. Bobscooters

El Tigre Lark ?

i don't have a Bird frame but i do have what is left of a El Tigre frame but always been a fan of the Bird Lark so this is my conversion. purchased a white banana seat and sissy bar that fit good - i guess the seat could have been a bit longer. planning on using a bronze color lauson motor i...
  10. Bobscooters

thinking of a new project

any thoughts, i have this suppose El Tigre frame minis the seat and shocks shown and since i like the Bird Lark but don't have one i'm thinking of this frame in a metal flake green with a stingray banana seat and sissy bar. maybe one of my B&S motor or maybe a new predator. just something...
  11. Bobscooters

wheels for the Bonanza

the UP'S man brought my new wheels today for my Bonanza, 3.50/10 to replace the 3.50/5 yeah i know they are from china and not original but i think they will look cool and be a smoother ride . also planing on a larger sprocket and maybe front and rear brakes.
  12. Bobscooters

Classic Tractor Fever

anyone else watch Classic Tractor Fever on cable ? cool show i get a kick out of these guys some have barns full of them that they restore now thats a expensive hobby. comes on family channel in our area on tuesday at midnight. been to a few tractor shows and if i had the space and the $$$$$ it...
  13. Bobscooters

bicycle brake

has anyone tried using one of these one of these band brakes for bicycles on their minibikes, they work on same principle as a minibike band brake but half the width and in a metal housing. i bought one a while back for a bicycle project but with a few brackets and spacers mounted to the rear...
  14. Bobscooters

favorite tool

other than wrenches, screwdrivers and sockets etc. what tool in your workshop do you like to use most.
  15. Bobscooters

Western Flyer SS300 project

Finished up most of my other projects just waiting on a chain and a clutch for the Thunderbird so started on my Western Flyer, was more rusty than I thought so had to use some rust remover and than sand it down. Still some rust so got some Rust -oleum rust reformer and that did pretty pretty...
  16. Bobscooters

World Series Tonight

World Series at 7:30 pm est- GO TIGERS :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  17. Bobscooters

hose to gas tank

any clue what to do about the hose that goes from the ohv cover on my B&S tek motor to the gas tank now that the gas tank has been removed and replaced with a remote tank ?
  18. Bobscooters

cool HF tool

Picked this up at HF the other day, be good when drilling on tubing. Self-Centering Drill Press Jig
  19. Bobscooters

need to change my screen name

Need to change it to crazy ! Rupp 250 is finished except for the chain, Thunderbird need the gas tank finished, a clutch, and chain and here I go on project 3 - my Western Flyer , ordered a new seat off ebay today and yesterday I picked up a Harbor Freight 6.5 predator and tommorrow hope to...
  20. Bobscooters

Center caps for my Thunderbird

Wanting to dress up my wheels for the Thunderbird and found something at wally world (vegetable steamer basket ) that looked pretty cool. I need to paint the rims silver and permanently mount the caps. Just trying something different.