Search results

1. traxxasislife

The OldMiniBikes All-Terrain, Trail Bike, Pack Mule, Tote Gote & Utility Bike Thread

My Manco Big Cat with a 10hp Tecumseh swap. Still running a 30 series tav with the yellow driven spring and 3300 rpm stall driver springs
  2. traxxasislife

Cat 400x drum brake

Wow! I can't believe he still has some. That's incredible. Before I pull the trigger, how well do they actually work? I have a clutch brake on the bike currently (which works well but I want to run a torque converter).
  3. traxxasislife

Cat 400x drum brake

Does anyone have information on how to do a drum brake/sprocket set up like the cat r4002? Did they have different wheels? I don't see how a drum sprocket would line up properly on the current wheel
  4. traxxasislife

Skat kitty exhaust “elbow”

Can we see the rest of this engine? It looks like you made a newer ohv engine look like an old school one I'm very curious
  5. traxxasislife

H22 Engine Displacement

I had these made when I had reproduction decals made, you can buy them from JV Designs on Facebook. 
  6. traxxasislife

tecumseh-ohh build

Did you use 1.3 ratio rockers for Honda/clone engines? Also what's the part number on the 5hp head? The only part number I've seen is 37474 but I'm not sure if that's the smaller one.
  7. traxxasislife

Original Untouched Clinton Panther A-400 Engine with extra parts

Hey I tried to pm you but it wouldn't let me for some reason. I'm interested!
  8. traxxasislife

Teccumseh Powersport History

Does anyone have any info on when the powersport line was introduced? And specifically when the OHH engines were designed and first sold? I'm just curious about the history of these motors. A lot of people don't like them but I do.
  9. traxxasislife

Repro Cat Switch Plate?

Has anyone made reproduction switch plates for HPE cat bikes? I don't want an original since the bike is nowhere close to original. I just don't have the means to make one. Any substitutes?
  10. traxxasislife

Vintage Cat 300

Did you replace the wheel bearings? If so what did you use.
  11. traxxasislife

1970 cat 400x

Do they work well? I adjusted them as-is and they're pretty not-great.
  12. traxxasislife

1970 cat 400x

Hey! I'm building a cat 400x too. The brakes are terrible. Where did you get the pads and do you have any tips for adjusting them?
  13. traxxasislife

Identify this?

Hi! Thinking of buying this but the seller doesn't know what it is. He said he bent the handlebars forward and added the footpegs. Any ideas?
  14. traxxasislife

Azusa Mini Bike Kit Sellers

I'm looking to buy one of the Azusa kits and am curious as to who has the best price and best customer support. Looking at getting the 6" wheel model. So far I've looked at BMI, OldMiniBikes, and minichopperssocal. Thanks!
  15. traxxasislife

Shocks?

Following
  16. traxxasislife

WTB: Scat Cat SC415 Exhaust pipe

Looking for an exhaust like this (and bracket)
  17. traxxasislife

Vintage Roller in Denver, CO

Hi all! I'm looking for a vintage roller in the greater Denver area (I live in Golden). Preferable 5-6" wheels. Maybe suspension. Somewhat tight budget ~$180. Looking for a summer project. Thanks!
  18. traxxasislife

Tecumseh AH520 Tillotson HL324A Clone

I'm working on a Tecumseh AH520 on a Toro S200 and thinking about putting it on a mini bike. I put a cheap Tillotson HL324A carb from Amazon on it. It idles fine but when I try to open the throttle it bogs down and dies. I can't get it to run right regardless of tuning the high speed needle. Can...
  19. traxxasislife

Predator 212 Valve Failure

I was running Honda 18lb springs, the motor had 6 hours on it, and it broke at the retainer. It didn't appear to have any coil bind issues but apparently I was wrong�� the holes in the head make it seem that the valve actually went through the head, came back down into the cylinder, then went...
  20. traxxasislife

Predator 212 Valve Failure

A friend of mine was riding my Dirt Bug with a modded Predator, not pushing it too hard (4600 rpm) when the was a pop then it locked up and had no compression. After tearing it down, the culprit was the intake valve had failed. Beware of this issue, i was running stock valves with 18lb springs...