Search results

1. briogio

Torque Converter bits?

Oui, oui, merci!:thumbsup: So that means I CAN use my existing backing plate and cover!:punk: You've really been a BIG help Joekd, I really appreciate it:drinkup: CHEERS!
  2. briogio

Torque Converter bits?

Yeah that would be great!:thumbsup::bowdown: Thanks, I hate throwing away parts, or buying ones I don't need.
  3. briogio

Torque Converter bits?

I just bought a "Baja" style mini bike, (Metal Motors MX 196), with a "clone" 6.5hp, 196cc, Lifan motor with 3/4" shaft. I want to upgrade to a 3/4", 10 tooth, 41 chain, torque converter. Right now it has a gear reduction set up on a pressed steel a backplate with 3 tabs, and 170mm between the...
  4. briogio

Hi Hent, I lost my letter to you trying getting this website on; Home I bought a Metal Motors MX...

Hi Hent, I lost my letter to you trying getting this website on; Home I bought a Metal Motors MX 196 2 weeks ago and it's not on their website yet, but if you would set up a M.M. owners group, I'll post on it happily (I've started on the mods)
  5. briogio

Suspension forks for BIG wheels...

Ok good advice! Did you manage to rig up a front brake on a Warrior?:thumbsup:
  6. briogio

Well at least it's dampened! I must admit I like the look of regular forks over leading link ones so how much would you let your old ones go for? and do you live East coast or West?
  7. briogio

Thanks a lot for the info, I do have the same measurements, but I have 2 triple clamps and they're both welded to the fork tubes, also the bar mounts are a bit different. I'ld ask you what the axle mount looks like but I think I'm going to fabricate some Earles/leading link forks out of my...
  8. briogio

Anyone build a "springer" fork for their mini-bike?

That's a very cool fabrication, but more complicated than the leading link/Earles that I'm leaning towards. Supporting Member of K.I.S.S. fabrications:biggrin:
  9. briogio

Thanks, both of you, I think I'll go for a leading link fork, the simpler the better! I want to ride my mini-bike off-road, (the old Greeves motorcycles ran leading link forks)-showing my age!1_rolleyes:
  10. briogio

My Baja clone came without front suspension and I gotta put some on. My fork legs are welded into the triple clamps, so there's no just putting in suspension for legs. I could get 2 sets of pivot plates and mount the sock under the lower triple clamp, and at the top of the extra fork tubes I...
  11. briogio

I think it would fit, don't they sleeve in, and bolt to where the top tubes come below the lower triple clamp? I''m pretty sure the Baja Warrior runs the same wheels as mine. If you could give me the diameter of the top of the fork tubes and confirm how the suspension lower attach to those...
  12. briogio

I just bought a Metal Motors MX 196 with 19-7.00-8 tires, but no front suspension. I've been looking around but haven't found anything I can put on, I have some old mountain bike forks that I could rig up into the stock forks, has anyone done this?, or have a source of suspension forks for these...
  13. briogio

All or Torque Converter?

Ok right on, I'll go for quality:wink:
  14. briogio

All or Torque Converter?

Ok that's what I was hoping for, thanks!:thumbsup:
  15. briogio

All or Torque Converter?

My first post and I just bought my Metal Motors MX 196 6 days ago. I've done lots of research though and it seems that the clones need everything changed to rev higher and make more power, so I figure a torque converter would be the best first performance modification? What d'yall think about...