Search results

1. briogio

Torque Converter bits?

I just bought a "Baja" style mini bike, (Metal Motors MX 196), with a "clone" 6.5hp, 196cc, Lifan motor with 3/4" shaft. I want to upgrade to a 3/4", 10 tooth, 41 chain, torque converter. Right now it has a gear reduction set up on a pressed steel a backplate with 3 tabs, and 170mm between the...
  2. briogio

Anyone build a "springer" fork for their mini-bike?

My Baja clone came without front suspension and I gotta put some on. My fork legs are welded into the triple clamps, so there's no just putting in suspension for legs. I could get 2 sets of pivot plates and mount the sock under the lower triple clamp, and at the top of the extra fork tubes I...
  3. briogio

Suspension forks for BIG wheels...

I just bought a Metal Motors MX 196 with 19-7.00-8 tires, but no front suspension. I've been looking around but haven't found anything I can put on, I have some old mountain bike forks that I could rig up into the stock forks, has anyone done this?, or have a source of suspension forks for these...
  4. briogio

All or Torque Converter?

My first post and I just bought my Metal Motors MX 196 6 days ago. I've done lots of research though and it seems that the clones need everything changed to rev higher and make more power, so I figure a torque converter would be the best first performance modification? What d'yall think about...