Search results

1. D

Roller, not sure what it is???

x2 manco thunderbird.
  2. D

Another derelict added to my collection ( speedway) ?

Thanks for the info Vic. I found the serial number ( 41068 ) after scraping away the thick layer of red ghost flame paint.What has me puzzled is all Scorpions I see have the turned up frame behind seat and mine is just at a slight angle up, What gives? Maybe a later Scorpion? does the serial #...
  3. D

Thanks for the replies so far guys , trying to get a specific model, & year. I know ill have my work cut out finding parts.
  4. D

Hello everyone, added this to my collection of derelicts that I will 'some day" get to. I believe its a speedway but not sure on the model. Obviously missing a lot of pieces, Clutch,driven clutch & jackshaft, clutch cover, handlebars. Any ideas on model, year, colors ? also where to find...
  5. D

Powell challenger E model spark arrester

David, Consider a trade for a Fairbanks Morse kickstarter for Tecumseh engines like this one?
  6. D

Powell place bolt, have one?

Scottessy, i've seen these place bolts on older american vehicles...they were used on the transmission flexplates and torque converters.ill bet if you go to Napa auto they might have those. or just go to a local junkyard they are literally all over the place.
  7. D

Powell NOS throttle listed on ebay

I Saw this come up a few days ago and my heart skipped a beat! and now its just :sadcrying4: i need one so bad. been able to score the hs lighted,headlight and other correct stuff ..but this was like the holy grail. i need a shoulder!!
  8. D

hs40 lighted for powell mini bike

thanks much guys i know what to look for now.
  9. D

thanks bay-area , i knew that the throttle would be tuff to find ...the hs40 i see all the time on ebay but command a premium, so thats why i dont mind finding a motor needing work ...i can handle that. please do send me the info for the lights so i know what to look for,thanks.
  10. D

alright guys, im about to make some tall orders here... as many of the powell nuts here know i got a powell "e" model recently. im in need of a good deal on a lighted hs40 motor. it definately can be a builder motor needing work as long as it doesnt have holes or cracks (Commence the laughing)...
  11. D

what the...!

yeah scottesey i just saw it and it is sweet .too bad mine is not in that original shape.it needs plenty of pieces and work.i wonder if the Ca. boys plan on having a get together this year...id like to get a look at some of the powells up close to see what i need to do. ps i pm you back.
  12. D

what the...!

hi james ...they said you would be asking me that! im prob. going to try and restore to ride my 2 little ones around on it. i know ...such a menial task and fate for such a classic machine. so ill be looking for the clutch cover head light taillight and im still torn on leaving the 5hp briggs or...
  13. D

what the...!

tomas looking at your pics...looks like you guys are riding somewhere off 41 north of the river? let me know next ime you guys get together ill bring the powell out so you can look at it.
  14. D

what the...!

yeah gotta get on ebay and start selling some other vintage stuff i have,this is gonna get pricey!
  15. D

what the...!

researching this site im realizing it is an E model so im missing the taillight, head light and it currently has a 5hp briggs. so ill be looking for tec. h40 with lighting coil...OOUCH sounds like ill be spending some money! oh and i need a clutch cover.
  16. D

what the...!

yeah i bought it from him.it had no pics. didnt know what i had till i got it home and got on the OldMiniBikes forum.
  17. D

what the...!

i knew you were just kidding...ill see if i get a chance to pm paul.thanks.
  18. D

what the...!

does anybody know if my E model is correct with the 5HP green briggs?
  19. D

what the...!

it was just a lucky buy chopper.