Search results

1. scrappybunch

Uh Oh

This snow blower guy is looking to put this 3.0 on a blower. Somebody save this engine lol !! https://www.snowblowerforum.com/threads/1972-techumseh.155465/
  2. scrappybunch

Side Popper!

Looks to be Roy Orbison rockin a side popper.
  3. scrappybunch

HS Tecumseh newer style combustion chamber

Found a newer style vertical shaft in the dumpster at work. I was curious to see what had changed since the 70's when I was a kid fixing mowers. There is a lot more plastic, the cam gear, oil pump housing, and a plastic bushing on one end of the cam. Also a real centrifugal compression...
  4. scrappybunch

Carlisle swap meet 2014

Found some interesting stuff for sale. I was camped near these guys, and we all had a great time.
  5. scrappybunch

Tecumseh H or HS

What are the advantages of a 5HP H versus HS. Given room for the larger H Do the smaller frame motors rev higher..Are the big blocks more reliable? Do they really both make the same HP? And does a side popper HS have a different exhaust sound? Why did they move the exhaust port to...
  6. scrappybunch

8 Horse Briggs Valve seat Replacement

Anyone Know of a machine shop near central NJ capable of replacing a valve seat in a flat head 8 horse Briggs? Was running fine last time I used the mower, and today went to start it has 0 compression. Pulled the head and found the valve seat popped out of the block. Will have to be an...
  7. scrappybunch

New Old Fart

HI! Seems like I died and went to heaven... Alot of cool stuff here. Here's my first build from 1971, it had a side popper that was a basket case I carried home in a box. Took me all summer to get it assembled and running on a test stand. Ohh... to be 11 yrs old again!