Search results

1. Tim Wilson

Comments on the Tote Gote Book for sale in the classifieds.

This book is worth the money for parts list and diagrams alone. I especially enjoyed reading the early history of the company, and there are tons of cool vintage photos!
  2. 7ADA3C84-F021-445D-B5E5-F11A1F5AC0A1.jpeg

7ADA3C84-F021-445D-B5E5-F11A1F5AC0A1.jpeg

3. F822017A-18A4-4D71-86F4-DDD4DA1163EF.jpeg

F822017A-18A4-4D71-86F4-DDD4DA1163EF.jpeg

Sportsman
  4. Tim Wilson

Hot Shot Mini Bike

I like the Firestone town and country rear tire. I think a lot of guys ran road tires on the front for weight and cost. I have a late model twister with a 10 hp Tec that was reportedly installed at Tod sales. Did you install that engine?
  5. Tim Wilson

BearKat Twister / Complete Project and Parts

I almost sure that longer swingarm was for a 12 inch wheel. Ive seen very few, maybe an option that became available? I’ll buy it if you still have it.
  6. Tim Wilson

Bearkat Twister front suspension parts?

I’ve got a roller.
  7. Tim Wilson

Sportsman 700 Mini Bike Update

I have a power flow, but it looks like it had one in the before pics?
  8. Tim Wilson

Bearkat Twister front suspension parts?

The lower bushings are almost always found worn out. They are made of oil impregnated brass and held in with a set screw. I was able to buy bushings with the correct inside and outside diameters then had a machinist turn down a collar to sit in the fork tubes. The upper bushings are aluminum and...
  9. Tim Wilson

Bought this bike yesterday

There were several models starting in the early 60’s, The model 300 was common early model. The 500 was a best seller, the sportsman version of the TG 500 minigote. The 600 and 700 were competitors to the Bearkat Twister, TG 750 and other trail scooters in races held mostly in Utah, Colorado...
  10. Tim Wilson

Sportsman 700 Mini Bike Update

Nice job on that bike. The single rear shock was made in house but was discontinued due to cost.
  11. Tim Wilson

Bought this bike yesterday

That is a Sportsman, they were made in Denver Co. Yours is a 600 or 700 model, but it looks like it’s been raked out like a chopper.
  12. Tim Wilson

New to tote gotes

I’m excited for ya pudge. If that comet doesn’t work very well or you end up doing a restoration I’ll hook you up with a small bore climbaway.
  13. Tim Wilson

Tote Gotes

I also have a 79 Honda. Tote gotes still waiting on restoration!
  14. Tim Wilson

BearKat Twister

The 8 inch and 12 inch bikes were both called twisters. They shared the same basic frame and fork. I have seen double jackshaft twisters with 12 inch wheels and even 12 rear/8 front like the TG750 but I don’t know if they sold them like that. Do you still have that clean red bike xr7gt?
  15. Tim Wilson

BearKat Twister

This twister is the single jackshaft model with 12 inch wheels. They were only built in the last year or two of production and are rarely found. I was able to upload a picture in the Bearkat section but I can’t post it here for some reason.
  16. Single jackshaft twister

Single jackshaft twister

Bearkat twister single jackshaft, 12 inch wheels
  17. Tim Wilson

New rides entry: 1979 Honda XR80

I have a 79 XR500 and a 90 xr80. Very cool bike!
  18. Tim Wilson

Sport King Eric Bearkat Twister (Vintage Class)

The twister is my favorite trail scooter, it is really good to see a quality restoration on one. Very nice Eric!
  19. Tim Wilson

1960s HOT SHOT MINI BIKE

Richard that is an interesting bike you posted. At first I thought it just had a small front tire (4.80-8 instead of 5.70-8) but at closer look I think it has a 12" rear wheel. I've seen two others like this and one of those was an old video of my uncle riding. It could have been factory or...
  20. Tim Wilson

Sport King Eric Bearkat Twister (Vintage Class)

Looks good Eric but I'm wondering why you used a small front tire? I'll bet it runs good with that mikuni!