Search results

1. D

Finally got a welder--and more

Decent beads with new 1/8" 6013 Getting better at running the beads. One problem was the old rods. I baked them for several hours in a toaster oven. Didn't make much difference. I bought some 1/8" 6011 and 1/8" 6013 at HD. That was a little better. I can run a decent bead with 1/8" 6013...
  2. D

Plasma cutter I have to stop looking at craigslist. I was looking for an abrasive chop saw, stopped in at an auto body shop closing done nearby, and came home with this for $300. The grinder will have serve as the cutoff saw a while longer; this is only a 110V unit.
  3. D

Love his videos. Wish he had more on arc welding. And I do have an old toaster oven in the garage. I'll see if its big enough. I thought that "old rod" thing was only for low-hydrogen, but its worth a try. A lot of the 6010/13 rods have some sort of white powder coating on them, that I'm...
  4. D

No such luck. Union Carbide Purox. Torch bodies are Smiths.
  5. D

Thank you. Any idea how to test a regulator? No tanks or hoses. I do have an air compressor.
  6. D

Thanks, most of the stuff is very old and had not been used in a long time. No idea if the regulators are any good. A couple gauges are clearly bad, too. A number of the torch tips are clogged, etc. Lots of cleanup to do with the half dozen or more tip cleaners. Nice homemade aluminum trays...
  7. D

Drat, the one I wanted (Stickmate ac/dc) just appeared on CL. Infinitely variable control and more DC power. Oh well, I still got a much better price. And I have to say, the Lincoln looks like it was -made- for that hand cart ;) Beads on a plate...yeah, I'm trying. Really, really, bad at...
  8. D

Here's the welder with the bad wheels removed and the HF cart added.
  9. D

Picked this stuff up last week for $240. Most is for gas welding/cutting. I just wanted the welder, but for a few bucks more, got the whole mess. I added a hand cart from HF. Never welded before. Did some reading, tacked up some practice plates using 1/4 bar stock from HD, and started...
  10. D

Fox roller?

Gone. Always post a frame on OldMiniBikes if you get tired of looking at it on CL. :wink:
  11. D

Fox roller?

Well, it's not my picture; it's on CL, but I think I will leave it, since it's not a short drive. And yes, the wheel is mounted inside the hoop. I think. :shrug: MINI-BIKE-SMALL CYCLE I just thought the whole rear wheel mounting and pulley was kind of unusual. If it was a real Fox model...
  12. D

Fox roller?

I figured maybe I could key on the tiny rear fender for the ID. Can't find any Foxes with that, though. :confused: The fenders maybe not original?
  13. D

Fox roller?

Folks, is this a Fox? If so, what kind? Dynamark was mentioned :shrug:
  14. D

Sensation frame right-side heavy w/Predator

And now I'm looking for a buzzbox... Already found a beauty here locally, but no way I could move it, store it, or power it (only have 220V/30A).
  15. D

What, the problem at hand or my lack of fabricating skills? :laugh:
  16. D

Mike, I guess you are taking about something like this, but it's probably beyond my fabricating skills, even if it would fit between the engine and the tire. There's a scrub brake in there, too. -Dave
  17. D

Trail Buck frame w/wheels, shocks - Rockford, IL

Gone. He just hadn't deleted the ad.
  18. D

Yep, I have the PMR plate already. The guy before me had put the little bitty 79cc blue greyhound HF engine on the thing and the original mounting holes were messed up. Eventually the holes would need to be welded closed and ground flat/re-formed. So I got the plate to mount the Pred, but...
  19. D

mini bike on cl in kc

:laugh:
  20. D

Thanks, I looked at a some old advertising pictures and tried to figure a way to make it work. No idea if Sensation did theirs this way. I added the spring mounting hole on the frame, so I expect not. The spring connects to an angle bracket. That bracket mainly serves as a stop for the...