Search results

1. D

Finally got a welder--and more

Picked this stuff up last week for $240. Most is for gas welding/cutting. I just wanted the welder, but for a few bucks more, got the whole mess. I added a hand cart from HF. Never welded before. Did some reading, tacked up some practice plates using 1/4 bar stock from HD, and started...
  2. D

Fox roller?

Folks, is this a Fox? If so, what kind? Dynamark was mentioned :shrug:
  3. D

Bonanza frame, fenders, jackshaft - Rockford, IL

150, not bad. Bonanza Minibike Frame
  4. D

Trail Buck frame w/wheels, shocks - Rockford, IL

Nice Trail Buck frame for 100, but no fenders... Mini Bike Frame
  5. D

Sensation frame right-side heavy w/Predator

This has been bugging me since I put the 6.5 Predator on my Sensation MB-6A "Mike-Bike" frame. In order to line up the clutch gear with the sprocket, the engine needs to be pretty far to the right. That's even with the clutch gear inside. This makes the bike very right side heavy, both...
  6. D

Craigslist jerks

So I see a 1970 CT70 listed for 5 bills, no pics, no location, no phone. Says it's been garaged since 1985. Tell my wife doesn't sound legit but I respond within 45 minutes after the posting. Several hours later, ad still there, no response. This morning, ad deleted, no response. "Hahahaha"...
  7. D

Medium hp machine for the woods/trail - 4hp?

So I'm thinking about building a bike more for the woods and for hilly trails. The 2.8hp, jackshafted doodlebug (dirt bug/old style) works pretty good for this, with its thick tires. But two issues I noticed for me (150lb): not enough hp, and no shocks. So the mbx11 is one possibility...
  8. D

For you middle-aged folks --> +1.0 reading glasses?

I finally arrived at the "reading glasses" stage...or more like I finally admitted it. I have several pairs now and also have progressive lenses on order. Mostly, I use +1.5. But I still have some trouble with the computer screen across my desk. It is not close enough for the +1.5, but too...
  9. D

How many gave up and bought a new wheel?

I've been trying to get these bearings out and am thinking maybe it'd be worth just buying a new wheel and tossing this one into recycling. I read the whole thread (and others) and had hopes for the idea from this post...
  10. D

How do I test governor operation?

This probably seems obvious, but there is a little twist. I have a little blue 2.5hp Greyhound left over from an engine upgrade. It was missing the throttle rod and spring (between the throttle lever and the carb), and throttle return spring. It still had the governor, gov linkage, and gov...
  11. D

Throttle and gov parts for 2.5hp HF Greyhound

Looking for these parts for the 2.5hp 79cc Greyhound (blue) from Harbor Freight Model/SKU 97964: - throttle return spring - governor spring - governor rod - throttle lever Thanks, Dave
  12. D

1970 Rupp Roadster

Someone go buy this so I won't be tempted. I just bought a jackshaft and hydraulic brake for the doodlebug I picked up just last weekend. Nothing for months but DB's, so I buy one and this pops up couple days later. Vintage 1970 Rupp Roadster
  13. D

Black spring vs. sprocket adapter vs. jackshaft

I couldn't stand making one boy watch the other riding, so I caved and bought a DB w/97cc. The little guy is a small 10yr old. No way he can handle the 212cc on the Sensation--I always ride with him. He can handle the DB with the 97cc just fine on his own, though. Older boy (almost 13)...
  14. D

It's just a glove, right?

Tonight, I was out cutting the grass, trying to get it done before the 100 degree heat comes back tomorrow. The grass was long, and it was getting hard to see. I hit something, and it pretty much just stopped 17hp twin Briggs in its tracks. Turns out it was my ball glove, the one my dad gave...
  15. D

When/how to pinstripe

When you read this, don't figure I have any amount of artistic talent whatsoever. I have the fenders spray painted with the Rustoleum Professional gloss black enamel. Since I could never seem to get a break with painting...
  16. D

This guy's not even trying

Vintage Cat 250x Minibike :out:
  17. D

Brake pedal rubber grip?

I'm looking for a replacement rubber "grip" for the 1/2" bar which is the scrub brake pedal. Motorcycle shift lever comes to mind, but the only one I can find which might fit is this one: BSA A10 A7 shifter shift lever rubber 29-3250 gear change pre-unit | eBay $9 bucks? Any better ideas...
  18. D

Twist grips - old-style - options?

I have this throttle twist grip set from OldMiniBikes: 7/8" Throttle, 53" Cable, 3 Conduit Clips I don't like how they feel (very rough) when I'm riding, and they don't fit the period of the bike. BUT I like that they have a metal tube inside and a standard throttle cable fits as well. I've been...
  19. D

Is this from a forum member? Pretty Sensation - pricey

Wondering if one of you guys posted this: Vintage Sensation Mini Bike MB- 6L Vintage Sensation Mini Bike MB- 6L | eBay It's pretty. I have some questions for the person who restored it (not because I want to buy it). If no one here, maybe I will just send him an eBay mail.
  20. D

Someone on the forum makes seats?

I just saw in Kyle's "cool barn find" thread that Rob (bigrob?) and Dean (Mean Dean?) make seats. I have what I think is the original seat on my Sensation, judging from how brittle the vinyl is. I have black duct tape covering the cracks and tears now. I thought it might be too expensive...