Search results

1. D

first build

sorry for the slow updates...been super busy with work. going to try to get the engine and exhaust done this coming weekend. I'll post more pics :)
  2. D

noob with ratio/jackshaft questions

Thanks for the links. Depending on how I arrange the jack shaft sprockets I'll end up around 5/6:1. Is that a decent ratio for cruising around and still have decent power/acceleration?
  3. D

Running a 3.5-10 rear tire. It's mostly a "pit bike" out at the motocross track so doesn't need to be crazy fast but would like it to pull kinda decent too. would something like this be ok to use, or should I piece a setup together and go with different ratios...
  4. D

Ok...so i'm building a chopper out of an old Arctic cat frame. 60tooth rear sprocket, clutch has 12teeth. I'm going to run a jack-shaft so I can keep the engine centered (6.5 clone) what do you suggest for teeth on the 2 jack-shaft sprockets. I'm lost on how to figure that into the ratios
  5. D

first build

didnt get much done on it this weekend, just the front fender mount made. Decided to go with a set of "drag bars". I'll try to get more progress/pics next weekend
  6. D

first build

I'll keep the pics coming. Only have time to work on it weekends so may be slow on updates
  7. D

first build

Rims are 10" Artic cat wheels
  8. D

first build

Well not quite sure yet, frame will be black. Thinking maybe silver and blue accents on fenders and tank. Got a guy locally that will powder coat the frame tank and fenders then planning vinyl for the trim
  9. D

first build

Thanks :) She'll get a Predator 212cc from Harbor Freight, doing a custom 1 into 2 exhaust system with the kit from OldMiniBikes warehouse. Going with a small 2qt fuel tank from the old "wizzer" bikes.
  10. D

first build

Got the rubber on it today, side stand welded on as well.
  11. photo_2_14

photo_2_14

shot 2 of chopper progress 9/3/12
  12. D

first build

Here's the start of the chopper a buddy and I were working on today. Drilled the triple tree plates at 15deg on my harbor freight drill press. 1" hole saw thru 1/4" steel plate gave it a workout :doah: Still need to do the handlebars and shape the triple tree plates
  13. chopper 1

chopper 1

start of the chopper
  14. D

HF mini tire changer

Which flyer was that in? That's a serious sale price! But they do stuff like that a lot
  15. D

WANTED-- 12" wheel

Is it a pain to convert them?
  16. D

WANTED-- 12" wheel

what size axle does this run? might be able to use the wheel/brake assembly
  17. D

WANTED-- 12" wheel

no pics yet...gonna start the chop labor day weekend. I'll start a thread when we get going :)
  18. D

WANTED-- 12" wheel

building a mini chopper, looking for a 12" spoke wheel for the front
  19. D

RUPP Rims L-80/L-100?

could you shoot me a pic? I'm building a chopper and could use a front wheel
  20. D

HF air impact screwdriver

I'll have to check eBay for a 1/4" impact gun. I'm sure they exist