Search results

1. mrpat

Funny what a few years can do to a mini bike

I built a Harrison mini bike from scratch for the 2019 OldMiniBikes Buildoff..... Since then, I sold my house and bought a different house. I was forced to unload quite a few minis since the new house doesn't have the garage space that the old one did. I gave a few away, sold a few, and kept a few...
  2. mrpat

Craftsman Decals

Hi all! I ended up giving my dad a mini out of my garage before I moved and got rid of most of my stuff over the summer. I gave him a nice Sears Drover that he could play with. Does anyone know where to get some 3.5 hp Craftsman decals for it? Or maybe it's supposed to say "3.5 Horsepower" or...
  3. mrpat

What do you use the "Resources" section for?

I have been seeing the section called "Resources" and have been hesitant on adding something to it because I am really quite unsure what should be there. Are there any specific resources that should be there, or would any mini bike type of web site or source of a part be there? Just curious.
  4. mrpat

Anything Goes! Scratch built Harrison

I've been wanting to make a Harrison bike from scratch for a couple of years now and I figured now is the time. I've had some experience making forks and other parts for these bikes, but never a frame. Well, I'm all in now! Wish me luck! I'll sort out the other details as I go.
  5. mrpat

The loss of a great web site?

I went to look up an old scooter and noticed that the us scooter museum site is now gone? This is sad news to me.
  6. mrpat

2019 Build Off?

I think now is the time to speak up about a possible build off for 2019. I would love to participate this year, but as far as moderating the build off, it is time to pass on the torch. I would be willing help anyone that would like to step up to the plate with moderating and setting up.
  7. mrpat

Ruttman Project

I just completed my little Ruttman project. I took a frame and fork on trade in August and I immediately thought of a guy I used to work with. He had shown me a pic of himself on a mini somewhere around 1971 or 1972. I used the pic for my inspiration. Here is how I got the frame.
  8. mrpat

Tecumseh White Plastic Gas Tank

Looking for a white plastic Tec gas tank. Please send me a PM with price shipped to 48066 and maybe a pic? Thank you, Pat
  9. mrpat

Tecumseh hs50 cam

I received a ball bearing HS engine that was not running. After some disassembly, I noticed that the can is broken. My question is how do I know what cam belongs in the engine? I'm not even real confident that the engine is an hs50. I know the shroud can identify the engine, but not too...
  10. mrpat

Suspension forks

I've seen people put these suspension forks on their mini bikes before, but I don't have anything to put them on at the moment. I've taken some pics with measurements. $20 plus shipping cost.
  11. mrpat

General 5.30/4.30-6 Tires

I have a couple of General 5.30/4.30-6 tires that someone might be interested in. They came off a Rupp TT500 originally. They have some cracks when you push down on the tires but good tread. They also have the tubes but unsure how good or bad they are. Pics are from both sides of each tire...
  12. mrpat

Azusa Hex Star Wheel

I have this Azusa Hex Star wheel that I probably will never use. Looks like it's painted white (that's how I acquired it a few years ago) $25 plus the ride on your dime. Thank you, Pat
  13. mrpat

OldMiniBikes Build Off 2018 Winners

Now that the build off is over this year, I would like to congratulate the winners! All of these bikes are beautiful, great job! More Than Two Wheels/ Anything Goes: Recklessford's Scratch Built 18 and Under was a tie wbwarrior's 1963 Sidekick BikerBoyz '71 Attex Sport Bike...
  14. mrpat

18 and Under - Final Voting

There were 2 completed projects in the “18 and Under” class this year. Please vote for your favorite! Click on the OldMiniBikes logo to take you to the entry thread. These are in no particular order, just the order I pulled them from the main thread. 1) wbwarrior's 1963 Sidekick -Done 2)...
  15. mrpat

Vintage Class - Final Voting

There were 5 completed projects in the “Vintage” class this year. Please vote for your favorite! Click on the OldMiniBikes logo to take you to the entry thread. These are in no particular order, just the order I pulled them from the main thread. 1) cheezy1's Kawasaki Coyote -Dropped 2)...
  16. mrpat

Vintage Open -- Final Voting

There were 4 completed projects in the “Vintage Open” class this year. Please vote for your favorite! Click on the OldMiniBikes logo to take you to the entry thread. These are in no particular order, just the order I pulled them from the main thread. 1) Gidclim's DMP Trail Champ -Dropped...
  17. mrpat

Just For Fun/ Drag Bike - Final Voting

There were 5 completed projects in the “Just For Fun/Drag Bike” class this year. Please vote for your favorite! Click on the OldMiniBikes logo to take you to the entry thread. These are in no particular order, just the order I pulled them from the main thread. 1) Dirttrack510's Death Wobble Drag...
  18. mrpat

More Than Two Wheels/ Anything Goes -- Final Voting

There were 3 completed projects in the “More Than 2 Wheels/Anything Goes” class this year. Please vote for your favorite! Click on the OldMiniBikes logo to take you to the entry thread. These are in no particular order, just the order I pulled them from the main thread. 1) Recklessford's Scratch...
  19. mrpat

Voting for your favorites!

This is the fun part. Getting to vote for your favorite builds. Within the next couple of days the polls should be open to vote! You can vote for one build in each category and the polls will be open for 1 week. Thanks! Pat
  20. mrpat

Shrinker Stretcher

Anyone ever have any fun with a shrinker stretcher? What have you made with them? Any pointers or tips? I'm new to this tool and looking for some inspiration. I got a set for Christmas and just now finished making a stand with foot pedals for them. In the process of painting the stand so it...