Search results

1. MoTo-BunnY

Help setting up electrolysis

Bigger the better on the battery, just more capacity-I used three V8 car batteries on my setup. You can use those types of wires but not sure what might leach off of them, once the process gets going? I do know you definitely want to avoid stainless steel wire or anodes. Plain, uncoated steel...
  2. MoTo-BunnY

I think your main problem is just lack of contact-look at the picture of the piece you are trying to clean up, that thick wire looks to be barely touching in just a couple spots. Same thing with your anodes. I wind bailing wire around the anodes many times and I made sure there are multiple...
  3. MoTo-BunnY

76 - 2hp briggs Help

Would you like the original Briggs parts manual for your engine? I have it (and many, many more) on .pdf if you want me to send it to you.
  4. MoTo-BunnY

Oh yeah, the batteries are key, I have found. Some chargers-even old style ones-will start cycling on/off/on repeatedly without them. I actually just picked up several different regulated power supplies from a local defunct electronics repair shop (among a ton of other equipment like isolated...
  5. MoTo-BunnY

Looks like a good enough charger, I think you probably just need to try and get a car battery to use as a buffer, maybe? Might want to use a multimeter too, to check that your charger is providing steady output and check for continuity throughout your wiring setup. Also not sure if you have...
  6. MoTo-BunnY

How long did you let it go for? How many amps is your charger? Did you find a battery to use with it? The battery REALLY helps the charger not shut down or produce lower output from the "smart" internals misinterpreting what's going on. Like I said, older chargers really seem to work best-a...
  7. MoTo-BunnY

There are many variables depending on how bad the rust is, how powerful your charger(s) are (I used 3 chargers with 3 batteries, on that wood stove!), how many connections, how many anodes, etc. etc. On that stove with 3 chargers + 3 batteries, I used one large sheet of steel on on side of the...
  8. MoTo-BunnY

thanks! I've been doing the electrolytic rust removal for many years now and just wanted to pass on some of the tips I've had to figure out the hard way, lol.
  9. MoTo-BunnY

By the way, that wood burning stove was rusty to the point of loose scale before I started!! I used up NO elbow grease in cleaning it up, other than wiping it down with a bit of oil afterwards. :thumbsup: Also, another handy anode are those big cast iron window sash weights-they last and last...
  10. MoTo-BunnY

I use the electrolytic rust removal technique all the time-actually just finished up a wood burning stove resto a few weeks ago that turned out killer. Looking at your setup, I have the following tips for you: 1. Wire brush that rebar-it has an oily coating over some dull grey stuff that you...
  11. MoTo-BunnY

Fat Tire Mystery Mini-Bike: California Swap Meet Find (probably an easy one?)

Definitely a King O' Lawn..... but it might just be a trick on the eyes with the small pictures but doesn't the top of the frame behind the handlebars seem to have a different bend that either the Aggie 97 or the Mickey? (like it looks to do a sudden sharper bend rather than the slower taper...
  12. MoTo-BunnY

That does look like it? anything I can have Rick (my guy) take a picture of or look at that will help solidly confirm the ID? He and the mini's owner will be there for a few more days.... QUOTE=cheezy1;925846]
  13. MoTo-BunnY

Wow! diverse answers, maybe not an easy one then? lol I like those rims, are they Go-Powers? (sorry for smallest pics-sent via cell phone)
  14. MoTo-BunnY

Here is another mini we found at a swap meet that needs an ID. This bike is owned by a nice older guy vendor at a swap meet my man is selling at, down in California. The owner doesn't want to sell it, he rides it around at shows and obviously has taken pretty care of it. He says he has owned it...
  15. MoTo-BunnY

Briggs 5hp Restoration + Questions

MSU colors! (Michigan State University) My dad graduated from there... :thumbsup: (I went to GVSU though, much to his dismay, lol)
  16. MoTo-BunnY

ID This 5" "Wagon Wheel"? It Came as the Rear Wheel on a 1967 Taco 22 Franken-Mini

Did some Google images search and yes, you are indeed very correct......thanks so much for the info! I thought it kinda a distinctive wheel and that someone would recognize it! :thumbsup: Any idea when the rough range of years these were produced? (just a ballpark estimate, i.e. is this a...
  17. MoTo-BunnY

ID This 5" "Wagon Wheel"? It Came as the Rear Wheel on a 1967 Taco 22 Franken-Mini

Wondering what the heck this wheel originally came off of or if it is an aftermarket one? It came on a (pretty beat up) 1967 Taco 22 I got a while back. This was the back wheel and has a sprocket on the other side (that has had a lot of holes drilled into it (sprocket not wheel) from various...
  18. MoTo-BunnY

Briggs 5hp Restoration + Questions

wow! that block is looking sharp, good job! what kind of paint did you go with? I've always used the VHT high-temp engine paint so far (or high-temp BBQ paint once on a motorcycle engine, lol, 10 years on it still looks great!)
  19. MoTo-BunnY

110 octane !!

We were replying to the thread starter in his question regarding a stock clone engine. Even with those stainless valves installed, unless you are increasing the engine's compression (milling the head, domed piston, i.e. decreasing the cc capacity of the combustion chamber to increase...
  20. MoTo-BunnY

110 octane !!

By the way, I hope it didn't seem I was making fun of anyone here (hard to tell sometimes in just text)....'cause these are real common misconceptions. I know I have had plenty of them myself! (but I get to just call them a "blonde moment" and get promptly excused....he he he) :girl: :laugh: