Search results

1. jim210

Adjusting "Fun Power" governor?

Just like philip said.. readjust the governor rod like you had it then use the spring to increase your rpm. The governor won't have as much tension on the throttle shaft at idle if you adjust the rod. Adjust the rod like you did before so that the engine goes back to idle correctly. Then just...
  2. jim210

3 hp flywheel hsg. referb

Rotarycorp.com. i didnt see them in their online catalog so I would call them and ask about them.
  3. jim210

3 hp flywheel hsg. referb

They sell plastic aftermarket tabs that snap onto the housing if you looking for a quick and easy fix. I never really liked them but they work. I would weld on new tabs if I was doing a full restoration. I think we used to get them from Rotary but every aftermarket distibutor probably carries them.
  4. jim210

Help with Briggs 3.5 wandering idle....

Does it still have the little spring on top of the throttle shaft going to the small bracket on top of the carb by the mounting bolts? That spring is for a governed idle and nedds to be removed for your application
  5. jim210

2hp Briggs wont run smooth and stalls

The metering holes behind the jet should not be the same size. The right one is your idle metering hole and should be smaller. Im positive the plastic vacu jet pickup tubes have a check ball in them. I can't remember if the metal pick up tubes do too. Anyone know for sure? Is your ball stuck or...
  6. jim210

Breather vent on an updraft.

What is it doing in the top end exactly? Does it happen at the same rpm everytime? Does it sound fine but stops pulling? Is it just running rough at high rpms? Is it dying out but recovers when you let off the throttle a little? Is it dying out in the top and then beginning to have issues down...
  7. jim210

3hp Briggs won't run unless choke is on?

Fixed jet carbs don't have orings or rings on the idle mixture screw. It is just the screw and spring. Do you have foam in your tank? Sounds like the idle circuit isnt working properly. Did you check the transitional holes behind the welch plug? Checked the air bleed? You can try checking and...
  8. jim210

Too much crankcase pressure

Yea you could have the wrong rings. also cool bores can wear out so much that reringing doesn't do any good. A mikuni manifold should be thick enough to tap it for a npt fitting, no welding needed.
  9. jim210

Too much crankcase pressure

Steel bore or cool bore? Did you offset the ring gaps or did you line them up? How were the valve guides? How about using intake manifold for the fuel pump pulse and venting the second vent?
  10. jim210

Briggs won't start

What carb are you running now? Are you still running the .750 with the slot knocked out?
  11. jim210

briggs 5hp won't idle and other issues

Is the head gasket blown? What type of gas cap are you using?
  12. jim210

Briggs won't start

What kind of carb? Stock? If so it doesn't need a bigger jet. A bigger idle metering hole maybe but not a bigger jet. You have to many problems with that engine to start messing with the jetting. Slow down and double check everything. Blown head gasket, lash, intake leak, timing, clogged carb...
  13. jim210

Help identifying this old Briggs

Because the serial# is actually a date code. 11/28/60
  14. jim210

Live and Learn

That is .050" in the picture, but it more about checking the clearance properly than the exact measurement. An inspection plate or a cut side cover is required to check it properly. You can clearance without an inpsection plate but make sure to double check it with the side cover on. With the...
  15. jim210

Live and Learn

Get another side cover so you can cut it and check your clearances after chamfering. I really like how you always reply back with what you found even if its an easy mistake or a little embarrassing. Replying back educates everyone and is how a forum is supposed to be.
  16. 20130402_211457

20130402_211457

17. 20130402_211049

20130402_211049

18. 20130402_211010

20130402_211010

19. 20130402_211006

20130402_211006