Search results

1. B

DownsBros manual clutch Review Thread

We have had this first clutch run successfully up to about 13 horsepower with no issues. Beyond that point, some users were experiencing a failure of the clutch liner. Our friction liner manufacturer attributed this failure to excessive RPM and temperature. To solve this issue for the production...
  2. B

We're aware of the issue with our website. We open the store up on a case by case basis for folks that are using the clutch in a novel way. Recall that we are not yet in production- we manufactured and sold 100 clutches at a reduced rate in order to get feedback and make design changes prior to...
  3. B

It appears that you may have sent this email to my brother's personal email account as I don't see it on the company email. With that, I'll have my brother confirm that we received payment from you for the adapter plate and ship it out to you as soon as possible. Edit: I just spoke with my...
  4. B

manual clutch for horizontal shaft engine

Manual Clutch Update Hello all, It has been quite sometime since we've kept you folks in the loop on everything, and we'd like to give a quick update on our progress. We've completed sales on our first batch of production clutches, and the feedback for this beta test has been very positive. We...
  5. B

I can't speak for MB165, but we personally have not seen a correlation between heat and fade. The liner is rated for 480 degrees F and the adhesive is rated for 500 degrees F. We're looking into changing the liner material slightly to one that can withstand 500F- it also has 25% increase in the...
  6. B

Very interesting. We've also been curious about trying our clutch with a T/C and it will be great to see what preliminary results you can come up with. Another thought we had was running our clutch back to a jackshaft with a centrifugal clutch, and possibly create an effect similar to the...
  7. B

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for the great review, please let us know if there is anything you need.
  8. B

We want to thank everyone for posting their reviews, and we are excited to see some of the upcoming builds that you guys are talking about. We have actually sold quite a bit of clutches to the people on this forum, and to other people as well. I'm sure as time goes on we'll start to hear more...
  9. B

This is actually our listing. We wanted a way for local mini bike/ go kart enthusiasts to come and check out our clutch/test ride it. So far it has worked out quite well.
  10. B

It would be easy to mount a standard clutch guard that uses the top two bolts on the PTO bolt pattern, as long as it fits around our clutch. All you need to do is mount the guard first on the engine block. Then shim the clutch as usual (you may only need one less shim now since the guard acts as...
  11. B

Sorry to hear this is happening. If the clutch doesn't arrive, we'll contact USPS to try to figure out what our options are. Worst case scenario, we'll file for the $50 refund and then ship another clutch to you.
  12. B

We appreciate this very much-PM sent.
  13. B

We've run our prototypes with 700 pound springs for testing purposes which gave a tested slip torque of almost 50 ft-lbs. We sell the clutch with 350 pound springs which is good for 28 ft-lbs. Rule of thumb on clutches is that the maximum rated torque of the engine should be 1.25-1.5 times the...
  14. B

Let us know if there is anything you need from us to make this happen!
  15. B

As far as the key issue, its definitely something we are working on. I like the hat idea that you came up with BoostinJDM- this would work and would allow you to torque the axial crank bolt. The only thing i don't like about it would be that the user would need to shim it depending on the length...
  16. clutch_revC_conceptual_key_retainer

clutch_revC_conceptual_key_retainer

17. B

Where are you located? If you're anywhere near San Jose, come on over and test drive it!
  18. B

Hi rmm727, We appreciate the thorough and honest review of our product. It looks like you're running a 14" tire with a 70 tooth sprocket (5:1) which is just a little bit taller geared than our current setup (5.4:1). You could definitely benefit from running a jack shaft, which will give you a...
  19. B

Also MB165, do you mind if we use your video on our website? Your bike just sounds too good not to have that in our videos section.
  20. B

Hi rmm727, We appreciate the thorough and honest review of our product. It looks like you're running a 14" tire with a 70 tooth sprocket (5:1) which is just a little bit taller geared than our current setup (5.4:1). You could definitely benefit from running a jack shaft, which will give you a...