Search results

1. W

Post your cars!

Very nice Suburban and Chevelle. Two of my favorite vehicles
  2. W

Post your cars!

I was going to take this one out of winter storage today but woke up to 2 inches of snow.
  3. W

WLB's Just For Fun 2018 Tote Gote

I finally got a little more work done. Found the rod bearings and put the shortblock together. My son turned an exhaust port reducer for me since he had the pipe thread program already in the lathe but I probably could have made it from a piece of black iron pipe. I won't bolt the head on...
  4. W

Chipper's Vintage Open Class Powell

I don't think anyone will steal your bike with that tiger guarding it.
  5. W

Thanks guys. The old valve grinder is a neat, versatile, tool. I've done several non valve jobs that required a ground finish on it also. Haven't accomplished much lately. Took down another big tree in the back yard and really over did it moving the log sections and pinched a nerve in my...
  6. W

Sport King Eric Bearkat Twister (Vintage Class)

Looking really great. Should be a fun ride.:thumbsup:
  7. W

Recklessford’s 2018 Build Off - Anything Goes

Excellent metal work and design.
  8. W

Thanks Richard. The marks looked deeper in the photo than they actually were. I like to treat used valve parts like a used bore that is getting new rings and remove any glaze. My son had some work to do in the shop today so I went with him and worked on setting the valve clearance. The old...
  9. W

Race Chassis Fabrication Classes

That's really nice. I love to hear of programs like that. One of those "German V4 engines would fit right in there.
  10. W

Video of the Day

Why do they ruin so many good motorsports videos with inane "music."
  11. W

Richard, The Tote Gote seems to be very tough in spite of me dumping it once (never drag heavy tree limbs with the rope tied to the top of the frame and make a sharp turn) and my wife dumping it several times. We are back to single digit temps so I stayed indoors and worked on getting the...
  12. W

I don't know if you can tell from the pictures but I thoroughly cleaned the whole bike, took the wheels off and cleaned and regreased the bearings, took the chains off and soaked and rerelubed them. The paint is in good shape so I'll wait for warmer weather and just touch up some spots. The...
  13. W

Wife can't park in the garage, I need help!!!

No wonder my insurance is so high. And I thought it was because of all the cars destroyed by the hurricanes, wildfires, and mudslides.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
  14. W

Crazy weather. Just a few days ago it was zero and below, today 50's. I put the Gote on the lift and removed the bad engine. Found a few other minor things that will need to be fixed before it goes back together.
  15. W

Yesterday I worked on the bore. The original bore had some scratches, a couple of thousandths wear, and about .0015 taper. To get the best bore job possible I would normally want to bore the cylinder on the boring bar to within .0025 of the final size to get a fresh straight hole and then hone...
  16. W

Sport King Eric Bearkat Twister (Vintage Class)

Working in the cold is no fun. What is the wheelbase and the tire width on the Twister, Eric? From the picture it looks to be a little larger bike than the 400 series Tote Gote. You will definitely have fun with it when it is done.
  17. W

Vintage Open - mrpat's TT500 - 2up Rupp

I like your brake set up.
  18. W

Davis Tote Gote 414 Vintage class

Dang, sorry to hear about the damage to your shop.
  19. W

Thanks Angelo. Snow is no fun in the South from what I have heard.
  20. W

71 Attex Sport Bike BikerBoyz 18 and Under Class

That should make a nice project and a nice riding bike.