Search results

1. M

The MiniBike Killer !

The Yamaha GT60/80 killed everything where I live. Seems they appeared and the minis were gone!
  2. M

what is your favorite carb? mikuni/tillotson

Tilly's are great carbs on Karts running at WOT most of the time, where you can easily "tune on the fly". I used to run one on a 5hp Briggs when I raced 4 strokes. The Mik is the only way to go on a mini. Much more forgiving to variations in engine, weather, altitude, load.... Pretty much...
  3. M

H60 or HS50? Which one should I build?

Built equally, the H60 will destroy the HS50. Just look ath the ports on the two engines. I doubt you could even port the HS50 to match the H60's stock flow. Also the H60 should have an iron liner for the cylinder. Not sure if the HS50 does. The HS40 does, but I think the HS50 may be...
  4. M

motor question

Snowblower engines are the BEST source for our minis. Most get maybe 20 hours per year and that's in nice cold air with no dust. Then after 5 yrs the owner gets bent cause it wont start afer sitting 8 months with old gas. So he puts it on craigslist for 50 bucks or less. You and I get a...
  5. M

i hate fire trucks

Must be from my time as a tanker in the Army. A big diesel idling is like a lullaby to me. That big V-12 would have me asleep within 5 min of stopping the tank. Sucked when we went to turbines.
  6. M

can you help?im not sure what model rupp it is or the year.

I'll give it a shot. Rupp did make bike like that. It was called the SS-5 (Swifter Shifter 5hp). Basically an RMT80 with a Tecumseh 5hp and Torque Converter. However, I think this is a copy made from a Yamaha GT-60/80. Look at the shock mounts on the swingarm and the down tube on the...
  7. M

OldMiniBikes.com Email?

Sounds like a plan. And a good one at that!
  8. M

Briggs 5 hp carb problem

I've had great luck with Mikuni carbs.
  9. M

1972 Arctic Cat Prowler - Paint Q ?

I've done a few Arctic Cats & have found Mopar colors are a close match. I usually use the green, Mopar calls it SubLime or Sassy Grass. They also had a bold orange color that may be close to what you're looking for. The guy to contact for Arctic Cat restoration advise and parts is: Jeff...
  10. M

The Widow Maker !

The Black Widow is the one I've posted here before. Still has the Robin EH17 Milled the head, advanced the timing, turned the flywheel down, and revised the intake port. Still has the stock rod, so I've only pushed it to 7000rpms once or twice. That calculated to 62 mph. using a 10 tooth...
  11. M

The Widow Maker !

"We can rebuild it." "We have the technology" "BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER!"
  12. M

The Widow Maker !

I've thought about that too. Next time I get one in the shop, (I'm a Baja Svc Tech) I'll have to fit it up. I do know that I'd have to make wider triple trees to fit the fat tire of the Baja, but otherwise the tubes, should work fine.
  13. M

The Widow Maker !

For the record. Toms bike started life as a 1972 Hustler. The kit on that bike is all BOLT ON. No cutting, drilling or welding to the classic Rupp frame. Component's are top quality not, cheap EBAY junk, (SUNL........). Any time he want's, Tom can restore it back to it's origional...
  14. M

Which engine has the most potential or is your favorite & why?

Tecumseh Star is based on an HM100 block. It's no longer made, but parts can still be had at fair prices. I've got some contacts I'll have to dig up and post here.
  15. M

8hp Tec with a 3/4" shaft??

That's a Tecumseh HM80. It'll work great. Lot's of torque. The HM80/100 is the same block that the Tecumseh Star racing engine was based on so HiPo parts are out there. Here's my HM80 on an Arctic Cat.
  16. M

Crazy day

Mice, I HATE them! I leave the shed door open from time to time to let the neighbors cat clean em out. Also, about once a month or so, when I'm done cutting the lawn, I put the mower in the shed, pull the choke out 1/4th, set to 1/2 throttle, shut the door and walk away. When I here the...
  17. M

New Member with Question

That thing must fly with a 16hp 2 stroke! Parts? Who manufactured the engine? Are you sure that guy is your friend? Use 2 cycle oil in your 2 cycle. A good synthetic 2 cycle oil will reduce ware and smoke.
  18. M

Nice little Kohler....

Cool engine. If it's built anything like the 12hp and 16hp Kohlers I have on my Gravely tractors, it'll last forever.
  19. M

'72 Arctic Cat Whisker - head gasket question ?

Under the head yes no yes Can be done but not easily, just order a new one.