Search results

1. wildbill59

HS40 replacement carb? Need #s please!

Well, looks like the carb on my old Sears puddle jumper is finally plain worn out. I've had pretty good luck with aftermarket carburetors, but I'm not finding any replacement #s for mine. The engine is an HS40 55515G, carb part # is 631667. I've got plenty of mower/snowblower carbs laying...
  2. wildbill59

Well, it's kind of an old mminibike...

Twenty bucks, I couldn't say no. There's a plate between the handle bars that was sprayed over with green paint, and then some kind of mounting plate (headlight, perhaps?) was screwed over it. Across the bottom, I can clearly warns you about 'off-highway use only', that sort of thing. Across the...
  3. wildbill59

Rollers and frames on Ebay-near Windber-99 cents and up!

Listing some of my minibikes, frames, rollers and parts on Ebay - some starting at 99 cents! Six auctions - a complete K&S Hornet; Terra and MTD Columbia rollers; Arco EZ rider, Toyoco/Minico and Rupp Roadster frames and parts. The Rupp and Toyoco are VERY rough and rusty, :doah: and the Arco...
  4. wildbill59

Manco Thunderbird on Ebay

I just listed my Manco Thunderbird on Ebay tonight. Sorry, having trouble loading pics, but it should be pretty easy to find - I'm the only Thunderbird listed under 500 bucks! I started it at $199 for non-OMBers, if any of you all are interested, I'd knock something off of the price.
  5. wildbill59

45 bucks...

So we had to go across the state to visit my wife's fam over the weekend, I checked Craigslist in Reading, PA for minibikes before we left. Came home with this Baja Warrior 200, this beat-up chopper frame, an almost new Hilliard clutch, and the tiller with a 3hp B&S, all for 45 bucks. The Baja...
  6. wildbill59

What is it?

So I got this chopper frame in a package with a Baja Warrior 200 and a new Hilliard clutch this weekend for 45 bucks, couldn't say no. Any ideas? Looks like the front wheel is from something else, and I'm guessing there was a sissybar there in back. And what's up with thse studs for the top...
  7. wildbill59

K&S Hornet info

So it looks like I just picked up a K&S Hornet today, I got the answer on the 'What Is It' forum (man, you guys know your stuff!). I'd like to know more about 'em - what years they were made, what engines they usually came with, etc. I did a quick search (I share the computer with the lovely...
  8. wildbill59

What is it?

So I just picked this guy up today. I'd been asking about the engine in the Tecumseh section, there will be pics of the engine over there. So this is a bike the previous owner put together for his kids, and although I might not have gone with the color scheme, it's a pretty funky little bike. He...
  9. wildbill59

Tecumseh HA?

So I'm goin' to check out another mini tomorrow (one more and that's it!), the guy gave me the #s over the phone. We triple -checked them, it's 143.23250. According to my Craftsman interchange, that's an HA 22 C. Never heard of one :shrug: . Anyone tell me what that's all about?
  10. wildbill59

More sidepoppers

So I'm cleaning out one of my storage sheds today. I knew these two pieces were in there, and that they were small Tecumsehs, but haven't looked at 'em in a while. Again, I had never heard of sidepoppers until reading about them on here last month. Found one last week in my old engine pile and...
  11. wildbill59

Another minibike followed me home today..

...can I keep it, Ma? So whadaya guys think? Sorta has handlebars like my MTD/Columbia, but that's about it, that's all I recognize. This one definitely puts the 'mini' in minibike, it's tiny! But it's got some new parts like chain and axle, new-ish clutch, a custom seat :facepalm: and an HS50...
  12. wildbill59

Sidepopper!

You know, I'd never heard of one these until recently while pokin' around the forum. So I went out to the 'pre-solid state horizontal shaft' engine pile :biggrin: , dug around a little and found this guy! Took off the tank (cracked - :censure: ) and pulled the head - bore and valves look fine...
  13. wildbill59

Bearing for Comet 20 jackshaft? Help!

So I checked out the bearings in the jackshaft of my Comet 20, they're lookin' pretty toasty, the one has a broken cage and missing a ball. I can find diagrams and part #s for the drive and driven clutches, but none for the jackshaft that the driven clutch turns on. They're still rolling in...
  14. wildbill59

Best spark plug for HS40s and 50s?

I've always used the old standby J17LM or J19LMs on my Tecumsehs, but I hear you guys talking alot about NGKs. What's the part # that's best those engines? Anybody use anything they like better, like E3, Diamondfires, etc? I don't expect miracles, but a little better performance and longevity...
  15. wildbill59

So what's the best way to adjust this setup?

Put a new engine on my Sears puddlejumper today. I had to tap and drill the crank, it was a breeze with my drill and tap jigs (thanks ScooterBoy!:thumbsup :) . Anyway, as you can see, the frame has a swingarm suspended with shocks. My problem is getting the chain adjustment right. When I sit on...
  16. wildbill59

Crankshaft drilling jig

So I've seen a bunch of threads where guys have discussed building and selling crank drilling jigs. Some said they were gonna small scale mass-produce 'em, others said they had been given one and were going to pass them on to other members when they were done using 'em. Does anyone know where I...
  17. wildbill59

OK, check this out- HS40= HS50?

So! So I check out the forum tonight, and like I was afraid, you guys say the H60 won't fit. A while later, I remember an engine a guy gave me years back. Said it was off a Craftsman snowblower, that it ran well, but he didnt know how to decode the Sears #s, and thought it was a 3hp. It's been...
  18. wildbill59

Hs40 = h60?

Well, looks like my HS40 is givin' up the ghost, time to replace it. I have another HS40, obviously I can drop it right in. But a buddy has a snowblower with an H60 that I can have. Are these engines the same size externally? In other words, will it bolt up to the engine plate, and fit in the...
  19. wildbill59

Toyoco minibike on Ebay-99 cents no reserve!

Selling my Toyoco minibike on Ebay!
  20. wildbill59

My rusty Kawasaki Coyote on Ebay

Just letting you all know that my Coyote is up for sale on Ebay with a starting price of 9.99. It seems like most of the posts in this 'Craigslist and Ebay' section were people tellin' us what they've seen on those sites. Hope I'm not upsetting anyone if this is inappropriate, if it is, just let...