Search results

1. JBible

Lil Indian Make Over

Yes, this is the original brake that came on the mini back in 1967. Even though this is an old thread I want to thank everyone that helped me track down the parts to this brake setup. My son rides this mini bike all the time and cruises around at a constant speed of 30 mph. He wouldn't be able...
  2. JBible

Lil Indian Make Over

The Lil Indian wins a sponsors choice award at our local car show last night. There were 115 vehicles entered into the show which raises money for the diabities foundation. It is a wicked fun car show right in the middle of my neighborhood. The neighbors close off their street and people from...
  3. Lil Indian wins sponsor choice award

Lil Indian wins sponsor choice award

At a local car show with 115 vehicles entered Owens lil Indian wins a sponsors award.
  4. JBible

My Bonanza project has begun!

I came home to work on the bike and no power her at the house:censure: 102 deg weather and no fan to cool off with.
  5. JBible

Lil Indian Make Over

Thanks boatguy. This has been the fastest build yet. I like how just about everything turned out and my kids love it. I know I look like a bear on a trike riding it but it is a blast. Buckeye I don't know what to do with the fenders yet. They look to me to sit to high above the tires. Are...
  6. JBible

Lil Indian Make Over

Where were you 3 weeks ago?! Actually until you mentioned it I didn't know the forks weren't supposed to be that way. They are identical on both sides and the handle bars are straight when sitting on the bike. I put fenders on it that I just got from OldMiniBikes Warehouse and I really don't like them...
  7. I hate these fenders!

I hate these fenders!

I put the seat on and added the fenders and they sit to high and have the wrong shape for this frame.
  8. JBible

Lil Indian Make Over

I made a new seat for the Lil Indian today. Here are a few pictures. This seat didn't cost me anything as I already had all the materials or was given the materials I used. If I had made this seat it would have cost about $17. There is 4 layers of 8 lb carpet padding and 2 layers of...
  9. Lil Indian Seat

Lil Indian Seat

Lil Indian Seat does not match the look of the original but it is the same size as the original. The vinyl was stretched and stapled into place. I'm no professional upholsterer but I think this turned out pretty good.
  10. Lil Indian Seat

Lil Indian Seat

Lil Indian Seat does not match the look of the original but it is the same size as the original. Here is the finished seat.
  11. Lil Indian Seat

Lil Indian Seat

Lil Indian Seat does not match the look of the original but it is the same size as the original.
  12. Lil Indian Seat

Lil Indian Seat

Lil Indian Seat does not match the look of the original but it is the same size as the original. I stapled the padding to the side of the wood.
  13. Lil Indian Seat

Lil Indian Seat

Lil Indian Seat does not match the look of the original but it is the same size as the original. I layered padding 2 layers thick to give it a little more cushion and to make it more comfortable.
  14. Lil Indian Seat

Lil Indian Seat

Lil Indian Seat does not match the look of the original but it is the same size as the original. This is 4 layers of 8lb carpet padding glued together. I shaved and sanded all the layers smooth.
  15. Lil Indian Seat

Lil Indian Seat

Lil Indian Seat does not match the look of the original but it is the same size as the original. The back side of this has 5/16 bolt inserts so it can hold tightly to the frame.
  16. Bonanza Misc. Pics

Bonanza Misc. Pics

Parts I want to verify are correct for my bike. besides the 2 bolt holes the rest of the wheel is in fair condition.
  17. Bonanza Misc. Pics

Bonanza Misc. Pics

Parts I want to verify are correct for my bike. Here is another bolt I had to drill out. Again the hole is slightly off center.
  18. Bonanza Misc. Pics

Bonanza Misc. Pics

Parts I want to verify are correct for my bike. I had to drill out the broken bolt. The hole is slightly offset now.
  19. Bonanza Misc. Pics

Bonanza Misc. Pics

Parts I want to verify are correct for my bike. Kidney bean wheel.
  20. Bonanza Misc. Pics

Bonanza Misc. Pics

Parts I want to verify are correct for my bike. Original foot pegs?