Search results

1. L

How much HP is my build?

Hmmm might have to build a 236r block with big valves next... 28mm carb
  2. L

How much HP is my build?

Good evening guys, Just got finished with my build, and I was aiming for a goal of 20hp. I don't have a dyno, and just wanted to get a ballpark estimate on what you guys think this build is making. Non-hemi predator block RTC-6 Head 27mm intake 25mm exhaust stainless steel +.050" length...
  3. L

Mikuni carb issues

what's your pilot jet? I found the 12.5 or 15 pilots are too small of a pilot & get clogged easily. I bumped up to a 20 pilot on my build/fuel filter/fuel shut off - to keep the carb healthy as well. Most likely your pilot jet is clogged.
  4. L

Retro or new ?

i would modify a baja heat and run kenda tires with a 420cc or 440cc ... lots of people do that, and those mini's are pretty sick
  5. L

Impossible to find tire size?? 120/50-9!

Jeez... You think patch kit/rubber cement would be by best bet? Ugh!
  6. L

Impossible to find tire size?? 120/50-9!

So I’ve been searching all day for a replacement tire that takes 2.75/3.00-9” inner tubes. The tire is labeled 120/50-9, but unable to find one anywhere. It’s a rear pocket bike rim from X1 pocket bike. I have a large gash in the tire I would rather not patch, and get a replacement. Was...
  7. L

Tires balloon while going past 60?

I believe the final ratio in the 7" driven is larger than the 6" driven. Still got some more testing to do to be certain, but eventually i'm hoping to get a 6" tav to be able to test this for sure.
  8. L

It's funny that you say that, because the only spare rear split sprocket I got is a 53t so I would be at 12t from tav jackshaft to 53 tooth rear sprocket would bring me to a 4.4 gear ratio from a 4.9 gear ratio. This would also decrease the rotating mass, because I would have cut back some links...
  9. L

I'm using the juggernaut with a 7" driven 12t front sprocket 15" tires with 59 in the rear. What do you think I should do for more speed? I got stock spring (gray) in 3rd hole (stock location for a 7" driven) Not sure if its the 7" driven or if its the gear ratio of 5.9
  10. L

What size is your tav 2 sprocket, and what size is that driven 6" ? What spring color, and what slot is the spring in ? Nice bike Also to OP - make sure you check the speed rating on your tires. I'm running tires with J rating which is up to 62 mph. They are from SUNF 15"
  11. L

Doodlebug rear rim, doodlebug brake rotor, 3 disc clutch bully, 1.2/1.3 billet roller rockers

I sent you a PM @massacre I bought billet roller rockers so not looking for them anymore. Still looking for doodle rim/rotor combo
  12. L

Tips for installing dual valve springs

Yes I currently have the head off, and it is a RTC-6 head - predator non-hemi - Do you have a link to those tools? I want to save my finger tips! lol low budget way to get the springs off
  13. L

Need a compressor
  14. L

I got some 52 lb valve springs on the way, and wanted to know an easy way to get them installed if there are anyways. I usually put the engine at TDC & put rope in the spark plug hole to hold the valves in place to the springs decompress. Not sure if that will work with the 52 lbs I might lose a...
  15. L

6" Tav driven vs 7" Tav driven

Im really not sure what the optimum gear ratio would be with the 7” driven/juggernaut combo for more speed first time messing with a tav right now I’m at 5.9 ratio with 15” tires. I have a 12t sprocket for the driven which would put it at a 4.9 ratio. I’m also ordering a green/yellow spring for...
  16. L

I currently have the stock spring in the last position, and last ride I was topping out around 40mph mountain riding. It pulled through the whole power band, but top end was lacking (didn’t have many stretches to really test it)I’m at 10 tooth to 59 tooth with a 15” tire. Also using the...
  17. L

Currently have my mini bike setup with a tav with a 7" driven, and was just curious if anyone has experience with the 7" vs 6" driven unit. Which one would get more top end? I would assume it would be the 6" driven since it is smaller, and would be a smaller final gear? Would appreciate any comments
  18. L

Doodlebug rear rim, doodlebug brake rotor, 3 disc clutch bully, 1.2/1.3 billet roller rockers

How's it going OldMiniBikes readers, I'm looking for a doodlebug rear rim, doodlebug brake rotor, and a 3 disc clutch preferably bully vortex etc, also looking for 1.2 or 1.3 billet roller rockers Let me know if you guys have anything.. Thank you