Search results

1. L

How much HP is my build?

Good evening guys, Just got finished with my build, and I was aiming for a goal of 20hp. I don't have a dyno, and just wanted to get a ballpark estimate on what you guys think this build is making. Non-hemi predator block RTC-6 Head 27mm intake 25mm exhaust stainless steel +.050" length...
  2. L

Impossible to find tire size?? 120/50-9!

So I’ve been searching all day for a replacement tire that takes 2.75/3.00-9” inner tubes. The tire is labeled 120/50-9, but unable to find one anywhere. It’s a rear pocket bike rim from X1 pocket bike. I have a large gash in the tire I would rather not patch, and get a replacement. Was...
  3. L

Tips for installing dual valve springs

I got some 52 lb valve springs on the way, and wanted to know an easy way to get them installed if there are anyways. I usually put the engine at TDC & put rope in the spark plug hole to hold the valves in place to the springs decompress. Not sure if that will work with the 52 lbs I might lose a...
  4. L

6" Tav driven vs 7" Tav driven

Currently have my mini bike setup with a tav with a 7" driven, and was just curious if anyone has experience with the 7" vs 6" driven unit. Which one would get more top end? I would assume it would be the 6" driven since it is smaller, and would be a smaller final gear? Would appreciate any comments
  5. L

Doodlebug rear rim, doodlebug brake rotor, 3 disc clutch bully, 1.2/1.3 billet roller rockers

How's it going OldMiniBikes readers, I'm looking for a doodlebug rear rim, doodlebug brake rotor, and a 3 disc clutch preferably bully vortex etc, also looking for 1.2 or 1.3 billet roller rockers Let me know if you guys have anything.. Thank you
  6. L

Comet belt 203589 vs 203591

Anyone know the difference in size between these two belts? I have a tav 30 unit with a 7” driven cane with a 203589 belt, but it’s a bit tight. Wanted to get the bando Kevlar belt which is belt 203591.. Thanks OldMiniBikes
  7. L

30 series torque converter driver clutch 3/4” bore

Selling a brand new never used 30 series torque converter driver only. looking for $45 shipped will entertain offers, thank you.
  8. L

TAV 2 - Aftermarket belt upgrade

I have a chinese copy of a tav 2 with a 7" driven, and wanted to upgrade the torque converter belt. I believe the part number for the comet belt for the 7" driven is 203591. I am specifically looking for a bando premium kevlar belt for the tav 2 copy, but am having a hard time locating any. On...
  9. L

Hilliard inferno flame clutch + 11t + 13t driver $65 shipped

Decided to go from a shoe clutch to a torque converter so up for sale is a lightly used Hilliard inferno flame clutch. Asking $65 shipped with 11t/13t driver, and all necessary hardware to install including clutch bolt with lock washer. The black springs that are currently installed in the...
  10. L

Spark plug readings/mikuni tuning

How’s it going fellas, Down to the last leg of the project, and that’s getting my chikuni 22mm tuned/jetted just right.I live in Colorado 5000-10,000 elevation when riding so keep that in mind as well. My current build predator 212cc rtc-6 cylinder head with 27mm intake 25mm exhaust valves...
  11. L

Knock off vm22 mikuni - Can you use mikuni jets?

Trying to re-jet my pilot jet on my knockoff vm22 mikuni carb, but having a hard time finding a pilot jet that looks the same as the knockoff. I already am using a genuine mikuni as the main jet with no problems. (Large round head) After looking around on forums for a bit a couple of users are...
  12. L

Bullet proof throttle control need recommendations

So I had the stock db30 throttle control on my modified doodlebug, and the twist grip twisted clean off (break at the white plastic) I'm looking for a throttle control that can take abuse. Was looking into dirt bike throttle controls 7/8". Anyone have any recommendations for one? Seems like you...
  13. L

Front & rear cotter pin size - old school style db30

Anyone know what size front, and rear cotter pins are used on an old style doodlebug/db30?
  14. L

Predator 212cc rear gas tank bolt size?

I’m trying to figure out what size the bolt is for the predator 212cc gas tank - the one that holds it in place In the rear. It’s part #84 In the manual - hopefully someone can help
  15. L

Killswitch Ground Wire Ripped off

Hey guys, recently noticed that my kill switch is not working on the predator 212cc engine itself.. I got into a little crash couple weeks ago, and I guess the ground ripped off then. My question is can I splice/crimp the wire, and run another wire to a ground? Not the best with wiring diagrams...
  16. L

WTB Racing clutch

Looking for a tomar/Noram/bully clutch set at 3400-3600 engagement. please send pictures/descriptions to 970-581-2169 or post under this thread/pm me, thank you.
  17. L

Clutch/tires/gearing to pair with build

Hey guys, Below is a bit about my build. My current build predator 212cc rtc-6 cylinder head with 27mm intake 25mm exhaust valves stock automotive style retainers 26lb valve springs with .060 shims on intake and exhaust sides stock rods stock rockers billet rod +.020" hemi flat top piston...
  18. L

best fork upgrade for db30 old style

My forks are completely fried and I was looking into getting azusa front forks to replace my doodlebug forks. I measured it all and it seems like a direct drop in, but was just wondering what the community thinks is the best front forks for the doodlebug. There aren't too many direct drop ins...
  19. L

MCP rear hydraulic brake on doodlebug

Has anyone run a mcp rear hydraulic brake on a doodlebug or have any pictures of a person that has? I'm trying to run a mcp brake with the stock disc and re-weld a bracket, just wanted to brainstorm some ideas off other members on this forum that have done anything similar, thanks.
  20. L

Anyone run a sprocket guard on their doodlebug?

I ride my mini bike pretty hard and throw the chain twice in an hour of hard riding. Mostly street riding, but when I hit a bump in the road at full throttle it may throw the chain. I currently run a 12t clutch 59t split sprocket with the OldMiniBikes split sprocket adapter. I was thinking about either...