Search results

1. Phil1958

Minibike Girl on "You Bet Your Life:

was watching You Bet Your Life, the Jay Leno version this morning and one of guests was a girl who won a minibike jousting contest and the prize was a tattoo! anyone ever hear of this event???? :D
  2. Phil1958

HF Coupon

3. Phil1958

New Mill!!!!!

https://support.syil.com/hubfs/USA%20documents/SYIL%207%20Epoxy%20Granite%20Small%20Milling%20Center.pdf ETA early to mid October!!!!!
  4. Phil1958

New Carbide Tool Holder and Carbide Inserts

for the new lathe i ordered a new tool holder and carbide inserts. my other lathe wasn't too good with the tool pressure needed for carbide. so this is my first tool holder that holds CNMG inserts, kind of exciting! These inserts have excellent chip management and produce small chips as a...
  5. Phil1958

Spinner to 5-1/4" Adapter

Making an adapter so i can use 5-1/4" bolt circle sprockets or disc brakes on an 8" Asuza Spinner hub. The three inner bolt holes need to uncovered on the hub with a hand drill and a 5/16" drill bit. The adapter gets the sprocket out far enough to easily clear #40 chain. From the lathe, shown...
  6. Phil1958

Die Grinder

couldn't help myself after watching stefan gottswinter on you tube..... https://www.mcmaster.com/8755A21/
  7. Phil1958

A New Lathe, (last toy for a while!)

last february i decided my south bend SB1001 needed a big brother. the sb1001 was my first lathe, and it is a fine lathe, what i considered short comings was me not knowing what lathe parameters are. while the south bend is a small lathe, an 8" swing and a 20" bed, it excels at making small...
  8. Phil1958

Chinese BS-0 Dividing Head

was bored one night and ordered up a chinese clone of a Brown & Sharpe BS-0 dividing head for my mill. it arrived ok, it weighs probably 30 pounds and it rattled around in the box on the way here, no damage but the box was pretty beat up. as shipped the chuck had about 20 degrees of runout...
  9. Phil1958

196cc vs 209cc base gasket

Probably a dumb question but are base gaskets for these two motors the same? I have a chinese 209cc clone that came with no base gasket. Part number please!! Phil
  10. Phil1958

Greenfield Tool Co Tap & Die Set

Picked up this cool tap and die set off of craigslist for $90. It covers 1/4" to 1" NC threads plus 1/8" and 1/4" NPT. Some of the taps and dies are originals, some are replacements. The case, wooden, is the original. The metal strip on the front edge of the case is a 6" scale for a size...
  11. Phil1958

KT100

has anyone tried one of these yamaha kt100 kart engines on a minibike? phil
  12. Phil1958

New Shop Saw

ordered a new cold saw for the shop: https://www.precisionmatthews.com/shop/pm-cs315/ this will augment my cutting and sawing abilities. i wanted a more accurate miter than my bandsaw: https://www.grizzly.com/products/grizzly-4-x-6-3-4-hp-metal-cutting-bandsaw/g0622 the band saw is fine for...
  13. Phil1958

anatomy of a heart attack

at exactly 8pm december 21, 2019 i noticed a strange feeling in my chest. no pain, just an odd sensation that i never felt before. i just finished a bowl of corn chexs and was getting ready to hit the sack. the sensation persisted and was not going away. i told cindy that i am heading out to the...
  14. Phil1958

Bonanza Fork Measurements

Need someone with a set of Bonanza forks from a BC1000 to measure the distance between the two fork tubes, and the distance between a fork tube and the steering stem hole. Thanks! Phil
  15. Phil1958

2 Cycle Engine

does anyone have a 2 cycle engine i can use on my trike? i did buy a polaris snow mobile 200cc twin that had a crack in the lower end that would have fit but it was toast. pm me with what you have! ciao~ phil
  16. Phil1958

Magic Bus

17. Phil1958

Go Power and Kidney Bean Sprockets, PVL Flywheels

I keep on finding more stuff in my sheds. What we have here is a brand new 60 tooth #35 sprocket for go power rims. Next up is a brand new 45 tooth #40/41 sprocket for kidney bean rims. Lastly is are two PVL flywheels for a GX200/Clone. It says its good up to 17,000 rpm o_O Sprockets are...
  18. Phil1958

More Bonanza Spring/Summer Cleaning #2

here is the rest of the goodies. pm me if interested. kidney bean wide side good, narrow side DOA! $45 kidney bean with usable tire. $60 forks with some repairs $50 more forks $50 really beat up forks with super nice slightly dinged badge $50, badge by itself $48, cut off handle...
  19. Phil1958

More Bonanza Spring/Summer Cleaning #1

We finally got around to cleaning out one of my sheds and found all this stuff. pm me if interested. shipping not included in prices shown. go power 50? tooth sprocket in serviceable shape $50 brake assembly $50 wide side kidney bean $50 kidney bean with mud/snow tire, tire is in...
  20. Phil1958

Bonanza Brakes Pieces and Parts

Got almost a complete brake here, both shoes are missing the pads , one pad is included but not glued. the smaller parts have some light surface rust, nothing a wire wheel wouldn't fix. the hub is pretty clean but needs a brush-up too. The cam is good too. I do not have the lever or lever...